Online Pet Food Stores

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Jul 4, 2015.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Hey! I am currently in the US, and my cats are in another country. I was wondering if anyone here is under the same situation. I want to know if you have any knowledge of an online pet store that ships pet food internationally. I know that Amazon or eBay can, but they are usually pretty expensive. TIA!

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why are you considering having pet food delivered to another country? Is the country where you cats are now have no pet food in their market? I'm just wondering because that is our problem why our pets are now being fed with table food. The difficulty of buying pet food is on our mind. What if the particular brand is not available, our pets will go hungry? No to that so we decided to give them meat that we cook and fish that we cook.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that doesn't really make any sense to me. Why would you pay the extra shipping costs for having it delivered to another country instead of just having someone purchase it in your home country? That seems like a really convoluted way of getting food to your pets, but Amazon is your best bet because any premium you pay in price for the actual food will be recouped by far lower shipping costs as far as I'm concerned.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking, I wouldn't bother buying pet food online due to the costs of having it shipped, but as the original poster noted, they need to have it shipped to someplace other than their current residence. It sounds as though they are entrusting someone else to take care of their pets for them at this time.

Do you feel more secure with ordering the food yourself and having it shipped to whomever is taking care of them, vs. just wiring them some money to go purchase the food themselves? I could see you being apprehensive if you don't want to worry about them simply pocketing the money and not putting it all towards your pets, or perhaps buying the food less frequently and getting the super cheap stuff, so they can skim some of that money off for themselves.

If you're ordering online, particularly with a site like Amazon, you could probably just order it from the localized version of Amazon that is closest to your delivery destination to avoid overseas shipping costs. For example, if you're in Europe and your cats are in Canada, maybe try ordering from Amazon.ca instead, and see if you can avoid international shipping rates.