Online surveys

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Peninha • Mar 3, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you guys think about online surveys? I've made a few dollars on them, but I lose lots and lots of time and some of them are clearly scams! How can we see if these sites are legit or not, is there an easy way? :confused:

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    As you said, they take a lot of time and the pay is crap.

I use to do a few of them and make about 100$ a month, but I hated it to the point where I had to quit. I now make much more than that doing easier things.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I have had a bad experience with them I would not advice anyone to use them. In most cases you can start a survey and like ten minutes into the survey you get a notification that you are not eligible. What! That is just crazy and waste of time for so many people. That is why I switched to freelance writing.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pretty impressive that you made $100 and you quit! What are you currently working to do more?

Exactly the same happened to me mike, they need to take our 10 minutes and info to say we are not eligible? A clear scam!

5. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I think they are a waste of time. The chances of you winning anything are very slim and most of them don't even pay out. You could join a GPT site but they are a waste of time in my opinion. There is no way to tell if a survey is a scam or not, make sure you only do them for reputable companies.

6. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    They are a major waste of time. You will spend countless hours trying to qualify, instead of actually taking the surveys. Not worth the time, in my opinion. There are far more easier ways to earn a few bucks online. You should look into some alternative methods. I recommend Mturk, or Swagbucks.

7. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. If you were guaranteed to qualify for the surveys then it would be a great source of income, but the time consumed with qualification questions make it survey sites a waste of time. They need to do a better job of directing people to surveys that they are qualified for. Otherwise no one i going to waste their time.

8. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah these online surveys are pretty tricky and i think that the only way to tell the real deal is to just go for it and experience it and if it does not work out then i guess it is best to get rid of that particular survey company from your list.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately that seems to be true lovem, unless we try we don't know what's real or not, but that costs our time. Recently I just answer surveys from two companies, the ones that really paid me, all others that never did I already forgot about them. If they have a high minimum payout we should be suspicious right there.

10. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I stopped doing them because they aren't worth the trouble most of the time. They take forever to do and there is no guarantee that you will get your money. There are plenty of other ways to make a few extra dollars online.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree Allen, there are better ways to make money online, but I don't say no to a survey that I know that will pay me, the problem is that most of them are scams or take way too long to pay us. I think that more than 1-2 months with no pay is not worth it.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had nothing but bad experiences with them and I've never been able to cash out on a single one of them. They purposefully make it hard so you give up and go elsewhere. All they are doing is collecting massive amounts of data on you and your contact information to sell off to other third parties, and they have no intention of paying you for it - even though they may offer it up front. Typically, they will wait until you are 10 minutes into filling out a string of surveys to suddenly notify you that you don't "qualify" to complete the survey and will not receive any compensation. They very rarely pre-qualify you up front or notify you of what will disqualify you, because they want you to enter your data for free so they can steal it and ditch you.

To make matters worse, if you are using any sort of ad blocking plugins or other privacy protection tools, these will also screw with your browser tracking and interfere with you getting credits for the surveys too.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately you seem to be 100% right, most of these companies don't want to pay us and they are not doing what they claim, probably they are just data collectors. Eventually 10% of them are serious, we just need to find something better to do with our time.