Options For Saving On Your Next Pc Purchase!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Sep 3, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't forget these programs for saving money on your next PC purchase:

* Microsoft Store: They offer a 10% student discount on most purchases of hardware!

* Best Buy offers multiple discounts for students, and the amount varies on individual purchases. Special deals are available, too.

* Amazon offers bundles and regular discounts on brand new PC and refurbished PCs.

* Apple offers various student discounts on its Macs and Macbook devices, if you're in an accredited college.

You're not going to save a fortune, but you could save a few bucks here and there.

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah that sounds cool but unfortunately most of those discounts are way too insignificant to make a huge difference in the final payment price. That's not to say it's not welcome though, but a 10% discount barely registers when you're making huge purchases and besides, some of those discounts have terms and stuff.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Thanks for these tips. I'd also like to add that waiting for cyber Monday is also a good tactic since a lot of prices are cut down substantially during this period. I think there are also a few less heard of websites out there that collate good deals year round so it's always good to pay attention to those consistently. The best way to ensure savings is to learn building a PC though, I think, since you could more easily follow where your money is being spent and on which parts instead of just buying a ready made laptop or PC from a known company that has put a big markup on the price already.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow. Well thank you for all of the information, OP :) I have never ome across any of these types of tips before, which is sort of why I have always paid full price for my PC purchases, save my mother's boyfriend being able to talk the salesmen into knocking some money off of the purchase lol.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Refurbished PCs, direct from the manufacturer, are always worth looking at. They come with a similar warranty to the boxfresh goods and are generally as good as new.

6. Halber

HalberNew Member

Threads:
    If your confident in your ability to assemble your computer from its components, I would suggest using pcpartpicker.com. The website allows you to select your individual pieces, and then it finds the best prices available for each one. Often, the site will show you rebates and other discounts you can apply. I think the best part is that you have the ultimate control over the price you want to pay.
    I used their site to build a pretty decent computer for running games as well as editing videos and movies. Its a great tool.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Another tip is to always ask if the retailer offers a student discount. You will be surprised by how much you can save just by flashing your student ID. It totally pays to ask!