Orange Broadband

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by jane211 • Sep 28, 2012.

1. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I've been using Orange broadband for years now. For the most part they are pretty good but I've recently been having problems connecting.

I sometimes cannot get online for an hour or more and I really don't know if this is a problem with Orange or not. I've contacted them and they insist it isn't, but I've had my connection checked and there isn't anything wrong with it.

Is anyone else having the same problems connecting and can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Every now and again, I face drops and problems in connection. Usually, restarting the machine fixes it. You could try asking Orange to replace your modem. That sometimes helps, as it did for me with my provider.

3. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I hadn't thought of asking Orange for a new modem. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that.

I have found if I restart everything and plug it all in over again, then it will usually come back online, but it's annoying when it repeatedly drops out or won't come online at all.

I think Orange are making some changes to their network so this may be a contributor too.