Organic Vegetables From Woolworths

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by tasha • Feb 19, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I recently went to Woolworths to buy some vegetables because I was told that they would last longer than the others but I have to tell you that after a day in my fridge they went off and I had to take it back for a refund as I never got to see anything fresh that would last longer than the day. if you buy vegetables at woolworths make sure you use it on the same day

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some of these claims are sales gimmicks intended to prey on customers' brand loyalty. The general assumption by such stores is that customers will have cooked the vegetables before they have a chance to realize they won't last. In they do, they won't be organic since they would have to add preservatives.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really?! I'm very disappointed to hear that, @tasha. In my experience, fruit and veg from Woolies tends to last longer compared to say Spar/Pick and Pay/Shoppers. Then again, I've noticed that Woolies (Botswana) standards in general are slipping. The stores are no longer as clean and the shelves are never teeming with stock. We haven't bananas now for almost a year! In fact, i'd be willing to bet they'll close the food sections in Botswana by the end of the year. I'd be very, very surprised if the opposite were true.

4. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    yes I suppose they do mean for you to buy the groceries and eat it or cook it straight away but for those of us that buy and keep it, it is really sad that the money we spend is going on to bad quality products bought from a store that is known for quality. it makes sense that we should use it right away but some of us cant go buying groceries everyday.

their standards are slipping badly and have been for a while which is rather upsetting when you have to pay those prices expecting good quality items. bananas here are very expensive at the moment and avocado has become so unaffordable they were R7 each and now R18 each....insane!

#4Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  5. Lushlala

Threads:
    Wow those are very steep prices, @tasha....I wonder what exactly is going on over at Woolies?! I bet there's a lot going on behind the scenes that we're obviously not privy to. Oh to be a fly on the wall!! What surprises me is that these shocking changes are also taking place in South Africa, because that tells me that the situation in Botswana won't be getting better any time soon.

6. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    yes it is scary here with the food prices fluctuating and the fact that the rand is really becoming worthless but while the people cannot afford to eat or live, the president and his friends seem to be doing extremely well! I should have done political science!

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    That's always the case; politicians will always line their pockets before looking after the needs of the very people who put them in office. This is especially the case in Africa, sadly. The sad thing's that come election time, some people opt to not vote, forgetting that even 1 vote can make a huge difference. It's a sad state of affairs, really.

8. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    yes absolutely so sad that everyone else must suffer and they are having a rich life jetsetting across the world enjoying the easy money that they have made.