Outdoor Cycling

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by bonzer • Jun 18, 2015.

1. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Do you like outdoor cycling? How do you view it as a means of exercise? People usually do lots of static biking, brisk walking, swimming, and rope jumping for an aerobic exercise. Outdoor biking is a lot challenging and requires a lot of endurance, strength, and some resolve as well. You need to have a top bike with all safety accessories like Disc brakes and so on. What are your thoughts?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to have a mountain bike and sometimes I even join organized cycling. It's fun to bike outdoors for the exercise and for finding friends as well. But lately, I am deeply engrossed with my job so I have no more time for biking. I don't bike that much anymore like before and I only bike inside the village.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I cycle everywhere I go. Whenever I've tried a stationary bike, I've found that the lack of scenery changes makes it very hard for me to keep up a good pace. I think outdoor cycling is definitely the way to go. Fresh air is healthy anyway. Most of us spent too much time indoors.

4. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I think outdoor bicycling is great exercise. It works the whole body, requires balancing skills, and awareness and decision making. It is also good, because it is enjoyable enough that it isn't hard and a suffering type of exercise. It can be fun out in nature and encountering something different every time.

5. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    I love cycling: ) Cycling is a healthy, low-impact exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is also fun, cheap and good for the environment.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I like it very much, and the best thing about it is that I don't have to pay to go and do it, unlike I would if I was a member of a gym, for example. So it is good from that perspective. Also, the only thing that you have to do in order to get to your ride is to step outside your front door, whereas if you were going to gym you would have to travel there first, which might add some expenses to it even more. Ultimately, I think that it is a great thing to do, so long as you know the best ways to keep yourself safe.

7. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Ya..exactly I completely agree with you! Cycling is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine because it's also a form of transport. It saves you money, gets you fit and is good for the environment.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You don't really need a top bike to go cycling. In fact, any half way decent bike will do. I never really think of indoor or outdoor cycling. For me there is only one way, and that's to ride my bike outside. I have two bikes. A solid lady's bike for going to work and around town, and a mountain bike for the weekends when I go riding with my friends in more isolated areas with rugged terrain. I have never used a stationary bike in my life. I find it very boring. I need the wind in my hair and the feeling of movement.

9. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    I enjoy bike ride in the evening with my friends. It makes me feel alert and energetic. Mostly, I go for bike ride on weekends.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never learned how to ride a bike, so I can't participate in any cycling activity. I do wish that I had learned when I was still a kid, but that's too late now isn't it? I was told I can't ride a scooter or motorcycle if I don't know how to ride a bike, and I certainly don't want to injure myself while learning how to ride a bike, lol.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cycling outdoors on inclines helps to get more fresh air into your lungs. I think cycling outdoors has many benefits and is more challenging than cycling indoors.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not someone who likes outdoor jogging, running, cycling or anything like that. I prefer doing my exercise indoor.... I'm not a fan either way, but outdoors just doesn't work for me.
    Which is a shame, because my best friend does outdoor cycling almost everyday and lost around 20 pounds just like that. She does it because she loves it, not to lose weight. I wish I could do that!

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My bike has been out of commission for quite sometime. I think the tires are flat or it needs new tubes or something. My son was here recently I should have had him look at it...he is a bike person. It is kind of hilly around here and not really the best place to ride a bike. I would ride if I had a working bike. I like bikes, but truthfully I am not sure if I should keep or sell this one.

14. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like riding a beach cruiser for exercise-and I live near the coast so its rather flat here with a occasional hill,and so this kind of bike is a lot of fun where I live. Also I just like to enjoy my exercise but there are some small hills that give your legs a bit of a burn though,while riding these beach cruisers. You can get a good workout, outside and have a bit of fun but training for the olympics is not really my goal lately.