Outlet Mall Shopping=big Savings

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kjonesm1 • Feb 11, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I used to live in Las Vegas, Nevada as well as Los Angeles, California. One of my favorite things about those two cities were the easy access to some of the best outlet malls. Scoring name brands like Bcbg, bebe and all sorts of other high priced brands for rock bottom prices used to give me the greatest pleasure. So what if they were a season behind? Do you guys shop outlets to get the best deals on designer duds?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do shop at least once a year at an Outlet Mall. I think they are much cheaper than a regular mall and the appeal is that you have a large amount of items to choose from if you are shopping for lots of things. I do not think it is the cheapest option available however. But often times you can find promotions on name brand items that you normally wouldn't purchase for yourself. The best deals I have found at Outlet Malls are for ladies and men's under garments; socks, bras, underwear, etc. These items can be very costly, but if you buy in bulk, you often find very good deals. Also, if you aren't opposed to opening new credit cards just to get a discount, these stores often offer something like that. I always go first to the 'public restroom area' because they often have a free coupon book where you can make sure to browse through all the shops first and make sure you are getting the best deal possible.

3. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I have shopped in lots of outlets and have to say they are hit or miss. The past decade or so they are just turning into name brand stores, with full price items and a small clearance rack at the back. That kind of bugs me because many years ago, an outlet was truly an outlet, and the entire store would be discounted.

There used to be a great outlet in Orlando, but they tore down the whole thing and replaced it with these full price "outlet" stores.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love outlet stores and have found some great buys there. I find it's easier to shop as everything should be bargains, but not everything is. I usually sign up before I go so I can see what vouchers are available and get a voucher to get a coupon book. It also gives me an idea of which stores I want to go to as some are huge places. I went to Leesburg Corner and it was one of the best ones I've been to so far.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Outlets are a mixed bag for me. I've found some good deals there, but I've also found a lot of really low quality. I think the outlet mall has turned into its own thing, rather than just a place where overstocks are sold at steep discount to get rid of them. Now it seems like it's where they send all the cheap crummy stuff as well, and that's actually what a lot of it is. Not that great a bargain really.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Outlet malls are my favorite place to shop in because I get very good prices for brand new items. This I my all time favorite way of getting items for cheap and it's why I prefer not to get second hand things if I can help it because I know I could get something unused for roughly the same price if I just buy it from an outlet store.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t live in an area with outlet malls, but I’ve been to a few while traveling and I’ve also found them hit or miss. Sometimes there are good deals, but I’ve found the full priced “outlet” stores have taken over. I suppose that might depend on location, though? I would definitely check them out if we had any, but I’d approach with caution.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    We have several outlet malls here, and I am very lucky to live near some of them. I save a lot whenever I go there although I have to go through throngs of people to get the best deals. Every 15th or 30th (salary days), there are so many people there. Well, going there is worth it. I don't want to spend a lot of money in overpriced malls.

9. karebear07

karebear07New Member

Threads:
    I love outlet malls also! I use to live in California and I would shop at the Great Mall or the Outlet malls in Southern California, I always found great deals and did not feel like I was being ripped off. Now moving to Florida, I realized that the outlet malls are even bigger and better here! They have places like Tory Burch were normally the flats would cost $250+ at a normal department store and at the Tory burch outlet the shoes go as low as $60!!