Overpricing Online Resellers!

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Lovely Babe • Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lovely Babe

Lovely BabeNew Member

Threads:
    I guess we all familiar with Online Reselling Business. It's basically about re-posting and reselling the items online whether to your website or social media accounts marking it with a higher price from your supplier. Yes, it's just like that to simply repost and resell and then interested people will buy it. It has also a benefit of no capital required. The price you added for each item is your profit and the original price of it will go to your supplier. Easy money right? Well, it's not a bad thing but only if you put a reasonable price, but there are some who are overpricing.
    I bet not all of you actually notice that the item you are trying to purchase is from a reseller and then you purchased it because you really want to have it without realizing that you spent a lot of money on it when you can actually search further and find much cheaper (the original price) with the same quality of the same product and save your money.
    I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy to the resellers. If the price of the reseller is okay with you that you can afford it, then go ahead. I'm just implying that let us all be wise shoppers! :)

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    There are many people who overprice in this way, so if you're ever buying online you should always try to make sure that you're getting the best possible deal out of it. It's up to you to do the research that you need - but of course people who bulk buy are always going to want to make a profit as well, because that's the ultimate aim of their business plan.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To avoid being ripped off by some middle man who wants to make a profit by selling you a product which costs less elsewhere on net, one should always do some price comparisons and find out if what they are buying or intend to buy might be cheaper on another site. There are lots of Firefox and Chrome extensions that make this very easy. And even if you don't have said extensions, you could use a price comparison search engine.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never user a reseller, but some people fall for this because they are not used to online shopping and what they are actually clicking. Besides using comparison sites, one should always look at the guarantee offered, because resellers often don't have one, or one for a short length of time.

Some sites will list products from multiple buyers, but each will have different shipping costs and delivery times, so even if it looks cheaper, it maybe more after all the additions.

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarieNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you for that really informative post. It never occurred to me that people would do that, resell that is. That people are going to try to make a profit selling stuff online? Well that part I kind of already knew. It gives a person ideas though, this reselling thing. I can't work outside of the home right now because of scoliosis and I am looking for ways to make money from home. This sounds like one of the ways but I would think you would have to be a bit business savvy and have a good website design. Still something to look into and something to most definitely try to avoid when shopping online because I can't afford to pay more. Thanks again for the heads up.

#5Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
  6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say, it's very hard for me to have the wool pulled over my eyes! Maybe because I've been shopping online for quite a while now. Plus, I've been scammed before, so I aways have my wits about me when I take to the net to shop for anything. I do my homework, I shop around and ensure that whatever price I get is good value for money. I also ONLY shop with known and reputable retailers. I'm done with unscrupulous types looking to rob me of my hard earned money.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it's cheaper when you buy things online and sometimes it's more expensive as well. You really have to closely monitor the prices both in stores online or offline so as not to be deceived.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. It's not just individual resellers that do this too but also large retail online stores. Sometimes I'll see a product at our local online store that seems fairly priced but as I scroll through comments and see articles posted by other shoppers I find out that they were able to get it for much less at the same place just by being at the right time and promo period, so by then I feel it wouldn't be right for me to pay as much as I would knowing I could get it for potentially a lot less if I just wait for another promo period.

9. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    This over pricing happens both online and off line. Like for instance there is brand of yarn I like called red heart super saver because it's cheap. I can find it at jo anns for $3.19 and I can find the same item at Walmart for $2.88. I don't know why both of these stores are selling the same product at different prices. I'm thinking that in order for a store to sell something cheap, it has to buy in bulk. So maybe the suppliers maybe different for jo anns and walmart. The same can be said for resellers. Sometimes it's a matter of finding the cheapest wholesaler.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree, that over pricing can happen anywhere, online and offline. Plus it's not just individual, private sellers who do it; even the retail giants who really ought to know better are also at it. So I never let my guard down, I've always got my wits about me. I also never just settle, I shop around for bargains. If I can get something cheaper, I'll do it :)

11. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    I really can't stand sellers who do this. It's especially obvious on sites like eBay. I could be searching for a specific shirt and a bunch of sellers will offer the shirt for $15-20. But there are always that one or two sellers who offer the same exact shirt for $40-50. Like, why? And I'm sure they don't get any business because their prices are insanely ridiculous. I never do business with people/companies who have glaringly overpriced their items.