Overstock

Discussion in Online Shopping started by KimmyMarkks • Nov 17, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone use Overstock? I a fan of them, however I don't use them as often as Amazon. They offer 10% off for first time users when you subscribe to their site.
    I think they offer a lot of great furniture, bedding and home items. I've gotten jewelry but no clothing off there. I've also gotten a pair of boots.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never bought, but I do check it out to compare prices. Often they are okay value, but not as cheap as they could be for end of lines. With all the proclaimed discounts I wonder how much the actual discount is. Some items such as bedding can be cheaper via a Groupon offer, where you can see the actual discount. I am a person who likes to see how much I have saved.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Overstock on occasion, and I have been happy with each purchase. I like the flat shipping too. Sometimes, even if the price doesn't seem to be the lowest for a comparable item, the low shipping makes up the difference. Some sites list a low price then gouge on the shipping.

This time of year, however, prices will probably be a bit more reflective, since many stores will offer free or reduced shipping (especially for larger purchases).

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I used it before, but I do not like that they have super cheap sales like they advertise. I can find some really good deals on Amazon and get a better deal on free shipping as well. I did buy a lot of shampoo for $10 on overstock.com. That was the best deal I ever got there.

5. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    I have used Overstock.com in the past. Recently I stopped using them, because I can find similar or same items at Amazon.com or Wal-Mart. Overstock tends to be a bit pricey lately, so that's why I stopped purchasing from them. They do have free shipping sometimes and very reduced shipping costs all the time, but when the item is overpriced, it doesn't make sense to shop there.

For Wal-Mart or Amazon you can get free shipping, if you meet the minimum purchase amount, so it pays to wait until you have more than one or two items to buy. I also recall, Overstock took a long time to deliver goods. And, their return policy isn't as liberal as Wal-Mart or Amazon.