Pandora, the best free music .. !

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DontFan • Jun 4, 2012.

1. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    You may not enjoy the advertisement or the show on radio, you may want to listen to a specific type of music, Pandora is for you (in the US) !
    Since starting on Pandora, I have stopped listening to the radio, trying to find cheap (or free) source of music. I just stream Pandora at home, in my car
    If the few advertisements on Pandora annoy you, a very limited fee will set you free of them
    Any other free source of music you enjoy ? Pandora ?

2. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Sigh I have been hearing of this for about the last few months, but I have been decidedly avoiding it.
    I feel like Pandora is such a complete rip off of Yahoo's LaunchCast (something that unfornuately never took off) that I have decided to boycott it.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Pandora. In fact, I'm listening to Pandora right now. I usually listen to it while working or surfing online. I have discovered quite a few artists. That's my favorite part of Pandora.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    You do realize how old Pandora is, right? I mean if anyone were the ripoff I'd think it was Yahoo since I had a Pandora account ages before I ever heard about LaunchCast.

5. afterhours

afterhoursNew Member

Threads:
    Darn, I live in Canada so I guess I can't access it.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of Pandora before, but I will give it a try. Do you know how much it costs to get started? I don't want to pay to much to stream music. What are some good stations to listen to with Pandora?

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    You can actually try it out for free. I am still using a free account with Pandora. You can select your music by genre or create your own. We like to select a song and then let Pandora play other songs similar to the one we chose. We have heard a lot of new bands that we really like this way.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    No, you can't, and that's annoying. I don't live in Canada, but a couple of years ago I took a trip to Montreal, and I didn't bring any music with me expecting to be able to stream Pandora, but I wasn't able to.

9. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love Pandora. It has introduced me to new music I probably wouldn't have heard otherwise. I love how you can create a channel and have only artists or music that is similar to what you like. I also like how if a song comes on and you hit thumbs down, if you do it a few times, that song will never be on your station again. I read it somewhere on Pandora's site. I also like how you can listen to it for free, which is what I do but I have ads in between. My husband uses Pandora while he's at work, but he pays the subscription to have no ads.

10. postman

postmanNew Member

Threads:
    I love listen to Pandora. It helps me find different artists and songs that i had no
    idea about. I helps me to expand my music library so that i have a more diverse section
    to choose from when i want to play my music. The only bad part about Pandora are
    the damn ads.

11. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I am from Canada as well and can't use it. I logged into my US iTunes account and downloaded it but can't get it to my iPhone.

There are tons of internet radio apps out there that do the same thing and you can use them in Canada.

Tunein Radio, HiDef Radio and the latest one I downloaded What's on Air sounds like Pandora to me.

12. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Spotify is also a good free music station. You can get Spotify on your PC or mobile device. I haven't used it much, but I don't think you get the annoying advertisements that you get with the free version of Pandora. If you have any experience with Spotify, let me know if you think it's better or worse than Pandora and why.