Paper book vs. eBook?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by maxparker0 • Apr 9, 2014.

1. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    Do you prefer an actual book or an ebook? I think both have their pros and cons but personally, I like the actual books better. I just like the feel, the smell, the experience of reading a paper book. On the other hand, you can literally carry thousands of ebooks in your pocket(smartphone) but you can hardly carry one or two books with you all the time. What about you? Which one do you like more?

2. HeinrichM

HeinrichMNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to read an actual book for the very same reasons. Ebooks are great and I do have a lot of them. One of the best experiences for me is to walk into a bookstore, start searching through the available books and spending hours in the store just browsing for that perfect book that you just need to read.

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a paper book fan and definitely prefer that format for a book. I will say that some of the newer readers are easier on the eyes than the first run. E-books have the advantage of being far more portable than their paper versions. If I were traveling, I would definitely take ebooks with me rather than paper.

I definitely think that classic literature needs to be written on paper rather than electronically viewed - to me it is the difference between going to a museum and looking at a photo of the exhibits.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    If I need to take a longer trip I end up reading e-books since it's not practical to carry many paper books with me. But if I'm reading in the comfort of my own house, paper books are my choice. Just like maxparker0, I love the smell and texture of a book, something e-books are missing. I also like seeing my beloved books on the shelf since they bring me a feeling of peace. We're reading too much from digital screens as it is so reading from a paper book is a great change of pace.