Parents of Special Needs Children

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by suzeysplace • Feb 14, 2013.

1. suzeysplace

suzeysplaceNew Member

Threads:
    I'm curious as to whether anyone else might be a parent who is raising a special needs child? I have a 20 year old son who has Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Developmental Delays. If you are a parent raising a special needs child, what are some of the biggest challenges you have faced? Parenting in itself can be quite the challenge and when you add a little uniqueness to the mix, I know from experience, I have really had to overcome some challenges that many parents haven't ever had to deal with. I'd like to hear your story and how you have coped and continue to cope with your situation. I'm just putting this out there, mostly wanting to start a discussion that could be helpful to me and maybe even to others.

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a parent but I work with children with autism. Special needs children can be challenging, but they can also be so rewarding. Every small step of progress those kiddos take is so much more rewarding.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a parent but use to take care of a child with autism i have two kids but i found it more challenging to take care of a special needs child but it was also very rewarding he was a sweet kid and listened very well my heart goes out to you it takes a very strong person to over come the challenges with a special needs child