Participating in random team sports as an adult.

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • May 16, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not talking about being on a team and playing baseball in the local beer league here, I am talking about being somewhere and getting drawn into playing something. We have a volleyball net and a flat grassy area up at my parents place and there are often people who start throwing a ball around and a game ensues. While camping last summer, someone needed a body to play Bocci - I thought I could handle that one.

My question is whether or not you are the kind of person who will hop in and play a sport if it is available. Are you the type that likes to be in amidst the action or are you the type who gave up these activities after high school and will never do them again?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am even if my opponent is a complete stranger. I don't care about my opponent, about who he is. What I care about is the fun and the game. I really like playing sports and sometimes, all that I know who can be with me to play are too busy or too bored to get a life.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It happened to me yesterday! I was walking along the canal path on a lovely sunny afternoon when I noticed a group of lads were playing football on a bit of grass nearby, I hopped over the railings and had a little ten minute kick-about before I carried on my merry way.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow! I wish I could what you guys do. I have some kind of condition that makes me feel dizzy if I were to exert myself in any way for a short period of time. At one time I almost fainted trying to help a neighbor load a heavy appliance onto his truck.

That means if a game needs me to do some running, jumping, etc, I'd rather be a spectator.

5. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I wish I could do team sports like this more often. But, yes absolutely. It is a great feeling when you and a group of friends take on a group strangers for a friendly game of basketball or volleyball. I prefer playing football best. It is also a pretty good feeling when you beat them also! Too bad I work in the evenings now. My schedule keeps me from joining my friends from doing this more often.