Parts of your house

Discussion in Pets started by GavinMcresty • May 9, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Is there anywhere in your house your pet is not allowed to go? Is there any reason for it if there is? How do you keep them out? Does it work or do they get in anyway? Our dogs were not allowed into the study because my dad was afraid the computers would get damaged by their hair. They never tried to go in anyway: there was no food so they had no interest!

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    My dog is very disobedient at the moment, and we guard him strictly.
    He's not allowed to go to the living room, or go out of anyones sight for 1 minute or so.
    If he does, he will probably urinate on the floor or the carpet.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    My mother didn't like when our cat went to her bedroom, so the door was always closed. After some time he lost interest on that part and stopped being near it.

4. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    Our cats are not allowed in our home office mainly because of the computers and the inventory we store in there. However, as I am typing in the office, there is a cat sleeping in the chair next to me. We do on occasion (almost every day) let one in. They can't all be in here at once. When the cat comes in, he or she has to get in the chair, lay there and be good or he or she will be evicted. It's funny because once in awhile one will come in and start nosing around and we'll say, "Get in the chair" and then they jump right up there. They are getting pretty good to know that if they aren't in the chair they have to leave.

However there is another room in the house that is strictly off limits. Most of the inventory is stored in there and it is breakable, so no way are the cats allowed in there.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't allow the pets to go into the bed rooms. We don't want them to get used to it, and risk getting disturbed in our sleep. Also, they tend to make a mess and leave fur everywhere they hang out, so we'd much rather they stay in select parts so it would make it easier to clean the house and keep up with the demand of cleaning up fur. It's okay though, since I think they enjoy it much more outside anyway, and they always are allowed to go outside where they have free reign.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like her in the bathrooms, nothing makes me gag more than a hairy bathroom lol. She doesn't try anymore though. She sticks to the main areas of the house now anyway as she's having a hard time getting around in her old age. No more stairs for her :(

7. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Our dogs and cat are allowed everywhere in the house, they are very well behaved and do not get into to stuff or tear anything up. They are house broken and never have to worry about them doing their business inside of the house. I guess we have been lucky with our pets, because some of my other friends and family have a lot of trouble with their pets chewing up phone cords or computer cords, or dragging out the trash etc... but our pets are the best, and we love them dearly.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No my dog is allowed any where in my house isn't much he can do in any rooms so I let him go where ever

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have two dogs that pretty much have free reign of the house but probably should have some restriction to certain places lol. The only place I don't allow them is on the beds or the furniture. I do allow them on one chair and put a blanket on it so it doesn't get messed up.

10. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like them in my bed. As much as possible I refrain them in my room, I don't want my things to be messed up. Most of the time they are in the garage or terrace running around.

11. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    I don't like them when disturbing me playing online games in my room, but I let them sleep in my bed or in the living room. My dog is obedient and he has his own routine that I've know already.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My cat is quite curious and he likes to poke his nose on every nook and cranny that he can find. But he isn't allowed to go to my dad's room because he hates cats, or to lie or sit on the sofa because his fur will shed on it. But when my dad isn't around I let him hang out there.