Party in the tub - Bath toy

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Hamz10 • Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    Has anyone bought this product for their kids? It's basically just a doughnut shaped plastic toy which emits colorful lights in the bath tub to supposedly "be fun"? I've saw it around the shops quite cheap and I've heard it's not very good because it's not very water tight at all. Has anyone else experience this from the product and should I buy it for my children as well? I'm not sure it's worth the 7 pounds.

2. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    If it is not very water tight then I would not buy it. It apparently is not save to be in the water with children if water can get inside the toy where the battery is.

3. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe you should search for something else if it isn't water tight, you wouldn't want water reaching the mechanism inside or the battery.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's a ripoff of an old idea. People have been putting glow sticks in the bathtub for years, ever since the idea made the rounds on Pinterest a while back.
    You're better off just using a few cheap glow sticks instead of a plastic light that isn't waterproof. ff07ef7e2dbc4818c4fb24c9cdb6c718.

5. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    The only difference is that glow sticks aren't truly reusable, so it can be pretty cost prohibitive to keep a constant supply of glow sticks for the tub :)

My son got a Party in the Tub package for his second birthday and he used it for over a year before just losing interest. It was two of them and I've never had any problems with it not being watertight, and we've been very vigilant to ensure it. It's really not much of a party though.

6. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    Maybe people where not sealing the product properly. Thank you for your help! I will surely buy something much more meaningful now. Even though I try to drift away from "as seen on tv", some products do look pretty appealing. I might as well just stick to the local toys-r-us instead of tv for guidance!

7. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    My child said she wanted it cause she saw it on tv but it did not look very appealing to me.
    I think that the child would lose interest in it very quick. Your better off finding a bath toy with more replay value.