Passion Parties

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gin0710 • Nov 3, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Have you ever hosted a passion party or gone to one? What are they like? What is the demonstration like and were you embarrassed? Did you go with a group of friends you're comfortable with or were they family members? I have always been curious about it, but I don't have enough friends that I know who would be comfortable having one. And I'm definitely not going to one with my mom and her friends!

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've been to one. I was not uncomfortable nor embarrassed, and actually, the way the stuff is presented, it is fun and sometimes silly, but still very professional. I think it also depends on who you are there with. If you are with a bunch of women who would be embarrassed about that kind of stuff, I can see where it might be a bit awkward. I was there with a fairly large group (which made it more fun I think), there was food and alcohol, and all of us are pretty happily married. You might be surprised to hear that I got connected to this group of women through a church.

I definitely wouldn't do one of these parties with my mom, it would be a lot like inviting your mom to your bachelorette party. Maybe not the worst thing in the world, even if you have a super cool mom, but just not really the right crowd, I guess.

Anyway, long story short, the products are presented in a very professional way, and though there was laughter, it wasn't uncomfortable laughter. If the crowd is a buying crowd, it is even more fun, because you don't feel sorry for the sales person not making any sales. But then, this lady didn't really push us to buy things that night. She really set it up to highlight a few things, share reviews, answer questions and what not, and then said we could go online and order with a special code, so that also took the pressure off.