Pay to play

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Grumpy • Jan 17, 2015.

1. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really sure how things work across the States or anything, so this is kind of a question to find out how things work and how you guys manage to stay fit.

In the UK, we have lots of schemes where you can pay to play football (soccer). It usually costs about £4 per player for a six-a-side game for 30 minutes, which isn't too bad really and it can keep you really fit if you do it twice or thrice a week. We also have places where you can go and rent a tennis court for an hour for as little as £2.

What kind of schemes do you guys have available in the States, or, if you're in the UK or Europe, do you take advantage of these kind of pay to play games in order to try and keep yourself fit? Do you think anything could be done to encourage more participants to get involved?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the United States, you'll find sports leagues and stuff like that all over the place. I'm sure there are daily sports events where you can pay and join in a single match for the fun of it. I haven't seen that in my area, but it sure seems like something that exists.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the small town I live in, we've got an amateur soccer league. Anyone who wants to play for their favorite team can join them [the team] when they are training. They normally train each evening but because of [work] or other commitments, not all players attend the training sessions on week days so there's always room for one more player. But since I'm not all that good at kicking and chasing balls, I'd rather do something else to stay fit.

4. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I wish there was more access to soccer where I live in the states, but sadly there isn't too much interest. We do have an adult soccer league that runs for about 2 months per session. Usually we have 3 indoor sessions during the winter that costs between $70-80 per player for 8 games. So about $10 per game. Outdoors it is much cheaper, costing $50 for 10 games.