Paying for school work

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Jul 10, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was at school I was already working and I was really busy and there was this time we had a group school project really time consuming, so we ended up making an agreement and paying one of our colleagues to do it alone. I know that this is unethical lol, but at the same time I was working, so one thing paid the other. Have you done this, is this something you would consider doing?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, no, I've never done this at all.

Heck, chances are, I would've been the one to do the whole project myself anyway. It pretty much never fails that I'm the only one that cares about a good grade when it comes to group projects so I end up doing more than anyone else.

3. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    No, much as I'd like to. The point of these school projects is to help you put into practical use and apply what you've learned from the lessons taught. But I did however accepted some payments when some of my mates gets a little lazy, yes it's unethical but at the same time, when somebody is willing to pay you $25 do to something that wouldn't let you break a sweat then why not? But like I said, I'm not into that kind of thing.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No this is not something I would do. One of the reasons for the project is to learn something during the process of completing the project so if you did not participate in the process you did not learn what ever it was the project was suppose to teach you.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yes, I know what you guys mean, morally it's incorrect and this happened one time only. We had a super-genius in our work group, we were swamped with real work and school work and that specific paper would be really time consuming, so we choose the easy way out. Three of us paid him, but a fourth person decided to work with the paid guy, good for her. :)

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I were in your shoes and my presence wouldn't help the group much maybe I'd opt for the easy way out too. Actually when I was in school the smart fellas always wanted to do everything themselves so you could have all the work done by others, get the credits and still pay nothing for it.

7. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I think it's fine it you don't really need the subject. Honestly if you need the learning for future references by all means don't pay just do it yourself.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's true, I regret some of the things I did when I was back in school. For example, when we had group works we divided the work and as I didn't like to work with some computer programs I was always working in the contents area, so I never got to learn how to work in those programs and I think that didn't help when I started to look for a job in the area.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not done that yet, but I would consider that only if the work was guaranteed to be perfect. Like I would really get a high mark because of it. Otherwise, I would not even bother to hire someone else to do it.

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, that is why we paid that guy, he was the best student in the school, always had good grades, so we know what we were buying and we got exactly that. Sure, it's not something we would have done as a routine, it happened once in all my student life, but it was well worth it in a time when my head was about to pop.