Paying for the park

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Gelsemium • Sep 10, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually come to work on foot, but when there are heavy rains I bring the car. When that happens I need to pay 2€ per day to parking, what not being that much for the whole day, adding up to many days is quite a sum. Do you have free parking where you work? Do you usually take the car?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We have free parking, yes, but I don't use my car for work and prefer public transportation. When it happens to miss an alarm, sure, I take the car. But those instances are rare since the cost of fuel is greater than what I pay in bus tickets. Regarding those 2 euros per day you mention - I really wish for companies to provide free parking space or at least cover the costs! I realize that you're not forced to go there by car but if they want punctuality and happy employees they should at least take care of this aspect.

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I have free parking where I work and since public transport is very bad in my area (if I had to travel to my workplace via pubic transport, this would involve a 25-30 minute walk and then I have to catch 2 buses, one to the town center and another one to the next town where I work, and the overall journey one way would be 1 hours 30 minutes), I just drive to work. I do have to say though, the parking spaces are just roadside ones and they are really narrow, I have to park right next to the pavement or the other side of my car will be outside the dashed lines.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh, I thought the title was going to be about paying to go to the park itself. That would've been absurd.

As for parking at work, a lot of places have parking passes for their employees, which I think is the fairest option. Otherwise, maybe parking in free parking and walking or taking public transport from there would be cheaper in the long run.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I find that so unfair in my case! In my service bosses (quite a few of them) have free parking places, while "regular" employees need to pay. What sense does this make, the ones that earn the most get free parking while the rest of us need to pay. More, some services offer parking in the contract as a perk while other don't...