Paypal debacle

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Bolt • Oct 4, 2013.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased an item from a seller on eBay, we arranged the transaction outside eBay. I received an empty box and i initially thought I had been scammed so I opened a case and escalated the claim on Paypal. The seller then told me he sent the box separately to save money on postage. I received the second parcel with the item I paid for, however, it wasn't as described as the boots had the substitute laces rather than the leather ones I thought I was getting.

My predicament is that I already have an open case which will be resolved in his favour and I don't think I can open another case once it has been close. I would also like the extra £10 he saved on postage to be reimbursed. Any advice welcome.

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, since you went outside of eBay to do your transaction then you know you have no recourse through them. Which is too bad.
    As for paypal, I would give them a call. It is the same transaction but they might be able to do something.
    Why was it resolved before you got the shoes? If it's still open, can you add to it?

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately it's tough.

As soon as you take something out of the place where it is authorised, you're on your own.

I'm pretty sure as soon as Paypal know this info, you're going to be stranded. Hopefully it's a lesson learn for you.