PayPal for fast food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by GavinMcresty • May 3, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Does anyone here know places you can order pizzas and takeaways online and pay with Paypal? The only one I know who accept PayPal is Domino's. Are there any others? I know that the other major pizza places (Papa John's, Pizza Hut) do not. I prefer to pay for fast food with PayPal because it is safer and more convenient. I do not have much money in my PayPal account so even if it gets hacked into then I will not lose very much.
    Feel free to use this thread to discuss ordering fast food generally.

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I believe you can order pizza with paypal from Pizza Hut.

That site is pretty useful if you want to use it.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Also, if you have a paypal debit card, you can use it anywhere that takes a mastercard. I've ordered food from burger king and other such places that way.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to find a fast food pizza I can use paypal to pay with it'd be really cool

5. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    That's a really great idea. Unfortunately, it only works in United States. I suppose I can use it if I ever visit the US though. At some point, I might go to visit a friend in Iowa. I could use this if I go.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the best way to use PayPal. And if you sign up for the rewards, you get a small percentage back. I think it's 2%. If you can get a PayPal debit Mastercard, I highly recommend it. I use mine just about everywhere.

7. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately the PayPal cards are also only available in the United States. I have just checked and the prepaid Mastercard insists on providing an address in the USA. The debit card said that since I live outside the United States I am ineligible. By the look of things I will have to stick with Domino's if I want to pay with PayPal. Which is not a disaster of course.

8. carclain

carclainNew Member

Threads:
    does domino's only accept paypal online in the UK?

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry, I'm another American that has the Paypal debit card. So when I want to buy fast food with Paypal, I just use the debit card. I think since so many food places now allow online ordering, they should start accepting Paypal on their websites. It's silly that they're the world's largest payment service and you could have money in your account and not be able to buy something to eat.

10. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Don't worry, they accept lots of other payment methods too. Various cards and cash on delivery are fine too. I like PayPal though because it is where most of the money I make online goes. It also hides my personal information from the vendor.

11. HalfaGeek

HalfaGeekNew Member

Threads:
    I registered just to say thank you for this post. All my money not spoken for by bills (today is the first of the month!) was in my PayPal account. I have no chance of getting it before Monday. While I appreciate the comments about getting a PayPal debit card and will certainly look into doing so, it was not going to solve my problem today. That site did! My pizza is on the way - so thanks so much for sharing!

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had too many bad experiences with PayPal which have cost me hundreds of dollars in fines, that I would be leary of doing something like this. You need to make sure you have all of your bank account information up to date with them at all times. Don't leave any old bank accounts or credit cards on file with them because they will attempt to bill them if one of the other payment methods doesn't go through. And worse yet, they cannot stop it, it's all automated. You'll rack up fines with both your banks, credit cards, as well as the merchants you are buying from and Paypal won't do anything to correct it.

13. MissPisMe

MissPisMeNew Member

Threads:
    What state?!?!?!

What state is this in? I am in St. Louis Missouri, pregnant, tired and don't feel like cooking and I cannot find ANY food places that accept paypal!!!!!!!!

14. henrykilgore

henrykilgoreNew Member

Threads:
    If you want the most reliable option for Fast Food/Pizza using PayPal your best bet is

-They have the best customer support
    -You get your food asap
    -They offer the cheapest fees in the industry

PIZZAAAAAA

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    One option you can do is pick up the Paypal prepaid debit card that's linked directly with your Paypal account. It acts just like a normal debit card. I've loved using it since I got it around 6 months ago and it lets me access my balance in virtually any setting. There is a $5 monthly fee for having and using the card, but I don't mind paying it because of the convenience. That way, you don't have to worry about which companies or restaurants accept paypal or not

16. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I forget my wallet at work I always have Grubhub as a backup option. My Paypal is pre-connected in my account so I can get all the pizza want (that's pretty much what you can get from Grubhub in Chicago at lunch time) without needing cash or a card.

The down side is that is always feel like I need to order enough to be "worth" delivering, and a good tip, so it ends up costing me a fortune.

17. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of any establishment here that accepts Paypal payments but if that would be common in the US, I'm sure it will also be popular over here. When the food delivery was starting in the US, many said that it would be impossible to have it here because there were few phones (no cell phones yet at the time). But despite the few landline phones, food delivery had started here and kept on growing until it became a standard when the cell phones became ubiquitous.

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a shame that more places don't accept paypal, it is such a convenient and relatively safe option for online payments. I'm another American with a paypal debit (shame they don't have them for other countries) so I can't really advise very well here but I definitely think there's a market for more places to accept it.

19. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that more places ar starting to accept Paypal. Our Dollar General takes Paypal as a payment option now, and it didn't have that before.
    I think that the very best way is still to get the Paypal debit card though, since that can be used both online and in actual stores, and is good for anything that you can use a regular debit card for purchasing with.
    Since that option is so easy to do, and it would work in any country where they have credit card and debit cards,, then you could use it for fast food, pizza, groceries, or just about anything else you want to use it for.

20. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have used paypal to buy gift cards for Dominos on Walmart's website. You can also use it to have gift cards mailed to you from ebay! I use Gift Card Mall's page on ebay and have the ship them to me. You can also buy Burger King cards on Walmart. I wish Pizza Hut would get in on the e gift card game.