Paypal funds on hold

Discussion in Payment Methods started by btatro • Oct 16, 2013.

1. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I had someone send me money via Paypal and it has been "on hold" for about a week. Paypal said it could take up to 21 days to clear. What has been your experience with this and how long did they hold your funds?

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    If i remember correctly, when i sold something on eBay to someone else outside of my country, it took around 5 days, less than a week for the money to get out of hold, but i think it depends on the amount of money that it is.

3. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    This just happened to me! I hope it's not on hold that long. I called and asked them about it, and they said the funds will be released when their is proof that the item was sent and received. So best to print shipping labels through paypal!

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from you scanning and sending the proof that you did send the item, you can also find the online page of the shipping company that gives you the status of the package. That page should tell you if the item has already been received or is in transit. Some even have the name of the person who signed for the package. You can print a copy of that page and send it to paypal as well as the link where the page is found. Hopefully that will help get your money released faster.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    This happens to me every now and again. Paypal do it every now and again for precautionary reasons and to do regular checks on money going through their system. Longest I had money held was for 14 days.

6. justkat73

justkat73New Member

Threads:
    While I personally have never had this problem, a friend of mine went through it on a regular basis and end up having to have a completely new account set up. I would say if it happens to you once or once in a while it's probably on the buyer's end, but if it consistent, contact PayPal to have them resolve the issue before it turns into an even bigger one.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never experienced this problem either. I have heard that new sellers on eBay have this restriction. Did your friend sent it as a gift? I have gifted my sister several times with no problems. Both of our accounts are old and are in the US. That might be the difference.

I hope you get your money very soon.

8. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty sure this is just a verification of whether you're genuine or not, PayPal are very suspicious so if you send or receive a much greater amount of money than usual they will just review it. I've had it happen a few times before and it goes through eventually, if not you it could be the seller so don't stress!

9. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    It has happened to me before, the longest I had to wait was 8 days. Since it's a precaution thing against scams, I didn't bother calling them. However, if at any time it takes more than 2 weeks, I'll definitely contact them so I can resolve the matter.