Paypal Here vs. Intuit Go Payment vs. Square Here

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ohiotom76 • Nov 18, 2013.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Square, Paypal and Intuit all offer ways to process payments via your smart phones currently. It's a pretty straightforward process where you download their app and install it, then request that they send you one of their card readers for free. You can also buy the readers in the store and they come with a rebate that you can redeem online.

I've been reading through the pros and cons of each service.

They all generally charge betwee 2.75% to 2.70% per transaction, but this goes up to 3.5% if you manually enter the card number in instead of swiping it. Paypal will also point out that their rate comes out to 1.7% if you use their PayPal card and get 1% cash back on it. There are several limitations that don't qualify for the cash back, so I don't really count that.

Of the three, I would have to say that PayPal offers the most features, including the ability to scan checks in. Plus if you have a PayPal debit card, you have access to your funds immediately, unlike the others which will take several days to transfer the money to your bank. Square Up would be my second choice. Their service is very straight forward and simple and works. If they had a debit card as well, I would possibly rank them #1. The Intuit one has the most hidden fees, so I only keep it as a back up.

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is the biggest, and seem like it would be accepted at more places. Paypal has some controversial business practices, so that might be something you want to look into. I honestly didn't even know about alternatives, so I can't comment on those.