Paypal Is Down For A Week Now

Discussion in Payment Methods started by sidney • Feb 12, 2016.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal really needs to improve their service. I have been trying to access their site since Saturday, but it's still not accessible until now and it's almost a week already. And it's not just me that's having this problem, their Facebook page is inundated with similar complaints about the site being inaccessible. It's such a disappointment that a company as huge and successful as Paypal is taking quite longer than usual to fix their website problems. So sadly, I can't proceed with my intended transactions online. Is there anyone in here having the same problems as well?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Use a proxy with a U.S IP and try logging in. I'm sure you won't be redirected to paypal dot com.your country. Of course when you are logging in the site might try to redirect or it might not. Try it and see if you can access your account thusly. There's no reason any of their sites should be down unless they want to impose some new regulations.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear about that, @sidney. I haven't had any problems whatsoever logging in and out of Paypal this week. In fact I was just on it on Monday, yesterday and today, and experienced no problems whatsoever. Did you notice whether the complaints were coming from the same general location or not?! I hope the problem gets resolved quickly for you. Good luck :)

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? I used Paypal just yesterday. I got paid quite a nice amount from my online work yesterday, and everything was fine. The only problem that I encountered was that when I tried to transfer the money in my Paypal account into my bank account, I noticed that the transaction did not complete straight away, and I had to wait over eight hours for the money to actually be attributed to my bank balance, which was odd because usually there is a reason why money does not go in straight away. security reasons, but there were none.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had any difficulties with paypal whatsoever. To me it just seems like business as usual. I am sorry you are having problems with it. I think it is something that is just affecting your country or others who are not in the US. Have you called them and let them know there is a problem? I mean they probably know, but maybe they can help you access your account.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I logged into PayPal yesterday to check my account and did not have any problems getting in. Are you outside of the US? I hope your issues get resolved soon. You can call their customer service, the representatives are normally very helpful when I call.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney, based on everyone's comments so far, I get the feeling that this may be a local problem. Have you heard anything from Paypal at all? I do hope it's just a temporary technical glitch that they'll be able to resolve for you in no time.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Denis Hard@Denis Hard, I can't access both Paypal US and Paypal Philippines, I guess it is indeed a local problem when most users can access the site.

@Lushlala@Lushlala, I PM'd Paypal last Wednesday but still no response, so I just read the comments on their Facebook page. The ones who are complaining about the same problem are mostly Filipinos and a few Caucasians, so I guess it's a local problem. And based on this post by Paypal, I now think it's our internet provider that is causing some issues, and we have only 3 companies that provide internet access, 2 users have stated their ISP provider and they still can't access the site, so if the 3rd company fails to load the page then there is no hope anymore, lol.

"Hi Meimei, We have had reports that this is happening with certain internet providers and our technical team are looking into the issue to get this resolved."

Well it's been a week so they better get this sorted out, what if it's an emergency right?

9. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As I had a similar experience with PayPal back in December - although it this may of course not help your current situation sidney - what I did find out once I was able to access my account again - was that even though I hadn't been able to log into my account for around 10 days - none of my transactions either in or out of my account had been effected - as all had taken place as normal.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    I hope they do resolve it for you ASAP, @sidney@sidney. I know I'd be worried sick. I've heard Paypal customer service delivery is fantastic, so I'm surprised they haven't responded in a week! If there are many other people with the same issue, they must be inundated with queries. But surely they could just post a 'blanket' message on their Facebook page?! Good luck @sidney@sidney :)

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't had problems with it and I've logged in about two times this week and I've also gotten some money transferred into my account. If many are complaining on their social page then it probably is more than a minor problem though so just probably monitor the events there. I don't think it will stay that way for much longer because they are a huge company but I agree that this is worrying that it can happen. Please keep us posted so we can find out if we should start looking at alternatives.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    I am based in the UK. When I login into Paypal, I do not specifically have to go to Paypal.co.uk to be able to gain access to my account, and carry out the preferred transactions. I can simply go to Paypal.com, which I think is the US one? It still works when I use that suffix too.

13. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't logged in my Paypal account for awhile so I really wouldn't know if it has problems lately but so far I have never encountered anything unusual yet on my account. I also do hope that the problem with regards to your account would be fixed soon enough so you could finally do your transactions normally again. :)

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, I contacted them just this Wed. so it has not yet been a week, but I'm not hoping for a reply anymore since I already know the reason why. They do reply quickly via email, but you have to be logged in to Paypal to be able to contact them that way. I know my account or Paypal isn't hacked since Firefox says that it's a security certificate issue, but I wonder what they did for the site to become suddenly inaccessible.

@gracer@gracer, I read before that you are also from the Philippines. Can you try to log in and see if you can access the site? The problem is with certain ISP providers.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    @sidney....at least now you have part of the answer :) Fingers crossed you hear back soon, and that Paypal resolves whatever problem it is soon. I'd hate to be unable to access my Paypal account, it's such an inconvenience!

16. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney I tried logging in just now and I was able to log in successfully. I do hope that you could also do the same now. Let me know if you were able to access your account too because if you're not able to do so then maybe the problem is not really with the ISP. I'm not really an expert when it comes to ISPs and stuff but there could be a different problem aside from it.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Tell me about it. I need to make some purchases and it's being delayed. It's still not loading from my end.

@gracer@gracer, I still get an error message, so I guess this is ISP dependent. ISP simply means your internet service provider. Which do you use, Globe Sun or Smart? I use Smart.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried using a different browser @sidney@sidney? Try changing the settings of your browser so security certificates aren't authenticated. Use it only as a temporary measure to ascertain whether you can then log in to your account.

p.s Also ensure the time and date on your PC are correct.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    Just to let you guys know, I was paid by an online website yesterday to the sum of ten dollars, and as soon as I was alerted to that fact via my email, I went over to Paypal and transferred that money into my personal bank account. I encountered no problems or glitches, so I have no idea why it is working for some people and not for others. I have had issues like this before though.

20. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also use Smart but I have never experienced any problem yet with PayPal. Maybe you should try airing your concern again with Paypal, the problem may really be with their system or something so I think they should check it again for you.