Paypal ISSUES

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by bsdgds • Apr 23, 2012.

1. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Hello all I am having a serious problem verifying my Paypal account. I actually noticed this on Friday and I called and spoke to a lady and she said, "its fine you just can't send any money". Well the problem is that in order to use Paypal for shopping you HAVE to be able to send money. My sending limits are currently at 0.00. I have already linked my account and when I log in it says: "Your account is almost complete. Please confirm your bank account". When I try to do this it takes me back to the same screen. Does it take some days to do this or what? The only other option I have is to get a Paypal Mastercard...which is something that I have tried to get in the past, but do not ever get approved for. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, because I really need this to buy a particular item online.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    You must wait for the verification code from your bank statement for that. It's gonna take some days depending on when do you usually get your bank statement from your credit card. I hope this helps.

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    You could also use your bank card and look at your bank statement if you can get a hold of that quicker; I think that's what I did. Paypal customer service has always been really sketchy to me. Good luck!

4. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, and it will take even longer if you did it on a Friday as it takes 3 to 5 business days so the weekend wouldn't count.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have heard of this taking a few days. I do not believe there is a problem with your account I just think its the verification process. You are supposed to receive a verification code from the bank but that can take a few days. I think you are fine.

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Okay all I figured out the problem just in case anyone else has this issue.
    When I first decided I was going to use paypal for my online shopping and e-needs I decided to use a prepaid card just to be safe. The netspend card that I use comes with an assigned routing and account number for direct deposits, but it doesn't come with an online access. When I linked the account to paypal it just kicked back, because it doesn't have any way of verifying me. I called the CS and they gave me a whole bunch of unnecessary and useless information. I tried linking this with a savings account that I don't really use and it linked and immediately asked me to sign into the online part of that bank account. After I did this I was verified completely and good to go.

7. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    When I did mine, it took about 5 business days for the verification information to show in my bank account. It depends on when they decide to make the small verification deposits. Until you have that information, you cannot verify your bank account.

8. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    You're probably undergoing the verification desposit part of the process.
    This is where they make two small deposits of less than 1$ into your bank account, and you have tothen type in the two amounts they deposited.
    I verified my PayPal using an eTrade account... :)

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Glad you got it straigthened out.

In case any of you missed it, you don't actually have to have a paper statement to get the code. Most people these days have online banking signed up or you can even call the bank. It's just to verify that it's actually your account and then it'll free up your money and you'll be good to go again. It's annoying, but they're keeping you safe.

10. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I have had some problems, though it's not the same as yours. My card isn't supported by Paypal, apparently. Now I'm going to have to get a new card to use specifically with Paypal. D: Glad you got your issues sorted out! Just wanted to share my experience!

11. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Good to know that the issue is resolved. Just for future reference, here are some things I have found out from my experience with Paypal:

1. Always make sure there are sufficient funds in the account that you are linking to your Paypal account. If there are insufficient funds, Paypal will just say that it cannot verify the account. I suppose that's their idea of being polite when they want to tell you that you don't actually have enough money to pay for what you want to pay.

2. Verifying your Paypal account is a different thing from verifying that you have sufficient funds. In this verification process, you make a token payment to Paypal from the bank account that you have linked to your Paypal account. Then you check your bank statement to get the transaction code which is issued for that token payment. This code is made up of four digits. Use this four-digit number to complete the verification process. Paypal just wants to make sure that the bank account that you have linked to your Paypal account is actually yours, or at least, you have access to it. Verify your Paypal account as soon as possible because some people may feel uncomfortable about paying money to an unverified Paypal account.

Hope this is useful.