Paypal

Discussion in Shipping Services started by tasha • May 11, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I love using Paypal and it can be used for business or for buying online and it is safe. I love using it as there is backup incase of a problem. Wonderful service and they are always so helpful.

2. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Hmmm. I think this post might be on the wrong section? (Unless PayPal offers shipping services, which I haven't heard of.) I might be wrong though. Would you mind sharing more about your experience with PayPal in terms of shipping services?

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had really positive experiences with Paypal. They are the primary payment processor that I use when it comes to either purchasing products online, or getting paid for my services. I have never had any problems, and luckily I have never had to dispute a deal, so I am not too sure how competent they are when it comes to getting your money returned to you when you open a dispute.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had my 1st dispute last March 2015 wherein my money was returned. The seller sent 2 out of the 3 items that I bought wrong, so since the seller does not want to cooperate or even reply to the dispute webpage, then they refunded me the full amount. I did not even have to ship the items back. So Paypal is really a secure and safe online payment processor.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Wow this is great to hear coming from first hand experience. I've always hesitated a bit when believing the claims of buyer protection but I guess they really do live up to it. I've hesitated from buying a few items on ebay but knowing this might just push me towards finally pulling the trigger.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, the seller was dishonest to begin with and sends items that are cheaper than the one you won and won't reply to the dispute window, although she replies via the Ebay messaging service, so I escalated the claim. After you escalate the claim it's all up to Paypal's decision now if they will rule in your favor or with the seller.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Yea, I don't think this is in the right area either @mccanono@mccanono

However, I have used Paypal to ship before. In fact, their shipping is associated with eBay & their shipping services but because they were once connected (which are not anymore I hear) it was easily used separate of selling things on eBay.

8. DreekLass

Threads:

You didn't even have to send the items back? Lol! I do like how Paypal is on the side of the customer. I don't even know why some of these sellers conduct themselves in such a way, when they know that they are going to lose out in the end, if the customer paid using Paypal. They are probably hoping that you paid using a different method. On the flip side, even if you are a good seller, Paypal does make it way too easy for customers to open and win disputes when they are in the wrong too. But I'd rather the control be in the customer's hands than the seller's.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well, the amount was only $7.05, so it's a bit negligible. I actually think it was the same Chinese seller that didn't send 2 of the items that I won last year since the items that she sells and her page looks identical to the other scammy ones. I actually lost a few dollars before because I waited for as long as 3 months for an item to arrive, and before Nov. 2014, the dispute time frame was only 45 days after you paid, so good thing that it has now increased to 180 days. I did a google search and for some reason the Paypal also has poor judgement when it comes to siding with the sellers, so I think it depends on your luck? Take a look at this blog and the comments:

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I see. I've heard of some similar situations before where the seller would try and delay the discussion past the allotted time period that Paypal provides so buyers who are unaware would be unable to take advantage of filing a dispute. I think it's good that they live up to the promise of protecting the buyers if they do know about the regulations though.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    Oooh, well that makes more sense. God, some of these scammers are getting so slick these days lol. I was already aware about the forty-five day time frame for disputes with Paypal. I didn't know that they had increased that time frame. That is fantastic. Thanks for this information, because I use websites like Ebay, and I am going to be using it more frequently. So it is good to know that. That is weird because of all of the disputes that I have ever heard about, Paypal sides with the customer relatively easy. But I guess I just haven't heard many stories where the opposite happens.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it was a good move on their part, because it took 4 months to receive my package once, so I think the 6 month duration guarantees that if the package wasn't lost or stolen, then you will get to receive it. I also hear that Paypal favors the buyer more, but reading the comments on that blog, that's not always the case. They seem to decide unfairly too at times.

13. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    You're definitely right and their customer service is pretty good. I remember calling in a couple times to get a payment fixed and they were able to help me quickly without any delays. Its convenient that many of the online retailers are using paypal as an easy and quick payment now. One thing that is unfortunate is how they take some fees when you get paid via paypal. My $50 payment goes down by about $2, but I guess that they have to keep their company up and running somehow as well.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    One thing that I will take away from the Paypal service is their public forum feature? Well, I am not sure if it is still this way, but when I would try to make inquiries and query certain issues, it was very difficult to get good straight answers. Also, I found that other members, just like myself, were answering the questions as opposed to the actual Paypal staff members. Then, at one point, they shut it down altogether. They could have re-opened it by now though.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never use their forum, I stumble upon it during searches. I prefer to email them directly. Every inquiry is answered in less than 24 hours, so you ought to try it out.

16. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    What happens in PayPal is that, the higher the amount of money that you have in it, is the more money that you will pay when it is that you request a withdrawal to your bank. So in your case, the reason why you paid $2 was exactly that. And you're right, they do that to keep their company up and running-money has to come from somewhere..so, lol, no better place for it to come than from the lovely clients.

17. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    It's strange because I actually hadn't requested to withdraw it into my bank account, I was actually saving up my earnings in my paypal account and was going to pay from it directly. But, the fee was added just when I got the payment. The money that was added into my paypal account was $2 less. I'm not too picky, but for those who work very hard to earn, its going to hurt quite a lot. :(

18. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I swear by paypal and it is like a bank in the sky as you can call them or they contact you when you need help. For shipping items you can invoice through paypal but they do not have anything to do with shipping, this is something that you need to provide on your own but paypal aids with invoicing.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    This may sound like a bit of a silly question, but where do you access their email? Last time I tried, the entire area appeared to under some kind of maintenance. I hate using the phone, but I would have called them if it was going to resolve my problem. Only, I could not find the phone number either. I am assuming that that section is all up and running again now though, since this was months ago now.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just look for the "Contact Us" option and you can email them there. You have to be logged in to be able to contact them though. Right now, a seller just urged me to file a dispute even when I told her she can just refund the transaction directly. So I filed a claim, then it said that the seller can't respond to the dispute, so you have no choice but to escalate it. The seller obviously doesn't want to refund and leaves it in Paypal's hands to decide. Nice tactic to save money. Let's see if Paypal will side with me or with the seller.