Peanut butter and jelly, what jelly do you prefer?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Pocs • Aug 12, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Yum, nothing taste better than a peanut butter and jelly sammy. With all the jellies, jams and preserves the choices can be difficult. Which jelly, jam or preserve do you partner with peanut butter or do yo prefer your peanut butter stand alone?

Usually I go with raspberry preserves. I love the taste raspberry and think it goes great with peanut butter. Of course getting the right proportions can be tricky. Everyone knows if they aren't right, the sandwich is just off. Sometimes I will just go with peanut butter alone, but that's rare. Peanut butter can be a bit dry.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's been a long time since I've had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I like the chunky peanut butter and the strawberry jelly. That's the perfect combination for me. When I was a kid I would take the crust off of mine because it didn't taste that good. The I've also had the raspberry jam and that taste pretty good.

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have peanut butter AND jelly that often. It's nice but I prefer just peanut butter and a glass of milk. If I had to pick one, I'd go with strawberry and peanut butter.:) Has to be the SMOOTH peanbut butter, though.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE strawberry or raspberry preserves. I'm not a huge fan of grape jelly. I love preserves much more because of their texture and taste. Oh, and I prefer creamy peanut butter.

5. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I like Skippy or JIF peanut butter (non chunky) with grape jam or strawberry preserves. I haven't had that in years however did so all throughout my middle school and highschool years. I've heard peanut butter and bananas is good too but I don't have the courage to give that a try.

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have much choice in the way of peanut butter. I can either get it regular or crunchy. Once in a while, I can find some with jelly. Not exactly sure what it is. Probably raspberry since it's red.

7. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I like Jif creamy peanut butter and some Smuckers strawberry or raspberry jelly or jam :D

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    We usually get grape jelly because it's the cheapest.

I do really like strawberry preserves, too. I prefer to have the chunks of real fruit instead of a jelly. Because I shop at Aldi's, though, then the grape jelly is much cheaper than me buying anything anywhere else.

9. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I don't eat a lot of jelly anymore, but we grew up on apple jelly. I did start eating great jelly or jam when I went to college, but I still prefer apple. Now I eat honey on peanut butter sandwiches because it just seems a little healthier. When I am at a fastfood restaurant and I want jelly on a my toast I prefer strawberry.

10. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Grape is the only option for a PB&J as far as I am concerned. And chunky peanut butter is the only option for peanut butter.

11. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    ..I have not had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in such a long time, but if I remember correctly, it was grape jelly. I liove strawberry jam, so if it is around that would be my choice.

12. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I don't like jelly at all and never have. However, I love peanut butter sandwiches, and when I was recently pregnant, I went a few weeks in which peanut butter was just about all I wanted to eat. I could eat it by the spoonfuls some days.

13. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of jellies, jams and preserves out there. My favorite to get at the store are smuckers strawberry preserves and concord grape jelly. My favorite homemade jelly is peach jelly. My grandma makes it every year and it's amazing.

14. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    coconut peanut butter and guava jelly. Its absolutely amazing!

15. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I have been addicted to peanut butter and jelly since I was a child but must say it is not the jelly the makes the sandwich, it is the type of peanut butter you use. I go for a nice organic, smooth peanut butter and I always use strawberry jelly. The brand of jelly does not make a difference to me at all, but there must always be milk with the sandwich, otherwise it all sticks in my mouth lol!

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like honey roasted peanut butter and grape or blueberry jelly. I despise Goober Grape and think it is disgusting. The jelly in Goober Grape is bad, and so is the peanut butter. Avoid it at all costs. Someone needs to make a Reese's spread that has peanut butter and chocolate. I would buy that.

17. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I love the strawberry preserves on a PB&J sandwhich. I haven't had one in a really long time and right now all I have is grape jelly. We used to make a triple PB&J sandwhich using three slices of bread and putting jelly on both sides of the piece of bread that went in the middle.

18. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    We call it Jam over here, but I think it's gotta be Raspberry. I have tried them all and don't find any of the citrus-y ones to be very good with peanut butter. Strawberry is a close contender though.

The P&B club sandwhich above sounds good ^^

19. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the jam an jelly I couldn't pick just one, because I always try to try a different one. I really like those made with berries (blackberries, raspberries, cherries) and also strawberry. Also I have in my house apricot jam and orange. Another of my favorites is the rose hip, a southern regional jelly of my country. After writing this I have wanted to eat ... It's too early to be hungry. I was tempted, I will fall into the sin of gluttony.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love peanut butter with peach preserves or strawberry preserves. Those are my favorite kinds to mix together in my peanut butter sandwich. Another good mix with peanut butter is apple butter, I mean the real natural apple butter. It is so delicious and I enjoy the taste of apricot preserves but I can't stand the taste of jellies period. I get sick eating grape jellies, I guess it's just the taste of the jellies that I don't like, and I have no idea what the difference is, in taste that is, I know one is a jelly, a jam, and a preserve, and I should love them all.