Peanut Butter

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jleadbet • Oct 11, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've always loved peanut butter and usually just bought what was on sale. I tried Skippy Natural with a touch of honey. I have to say it is my new favorite. I'm even buying it when it isn't on sale. My kids and I eat it everyday. What's your favorite brand?

2. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I like Jif peanut butter. I used to buy a lot of chunky peanut butter, then I stopped and went to smooth peanut butter.

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    We usually buy the Jif brand, most my roommates like the regular brand. But I like the crunchy peanut butter, tastes so much better.

4. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I usually get the almond peanut butter from the organic store it is really good i love it.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I usually get the cheapest because we go through so much of it. I have tried the Skippy Natural before and it is really good but it is a bit more expensive than other brands. I will get it when it is on sale and/or I have a coupon for it.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Peanuts are not a healthy food to eat. Peanuts contain aflatoxin which are one of the most harmful compounds found in food. They also contain lots of omega-6 and the omega-6 is probably rancid which makes it even worse. I would stay away from the peanut butter.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Smucker's Natural. I don't know what they do to it to give it such deep flavor, but it's darker and richer than other natural peanut butters I've tried. Even the ones you grind yourself at farmers stores. I can't eat any other peanut butters. Most of the ones that aren't labeled as "natural" are mostly just soybean oil.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't had that one before. I love the combination of peanut butter and honey together, though. I just add them together on my own instead of buying them pre-sweetened like that. I'm not huge on natural peanut butters usually, but some of them are simply amazing.

9. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I had always wanted to try the peanut butter. In my country there aren't many brands of that product, and they are expensive because they are imported. What brand do you recommend? I think I should start with a classic preparation without extravagant ingredients. I am very curious to know its true flavor. I tried candy with peanut butter filling, but it's a different experience. I hope you will recommend me your favorites. :D

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My healthy food store makes organic peanut butter. I prefer theirs. I also prefer crunchy or smooth. I don't like natural brands. I don't trust them.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Peanut butter is my top choice for a sandwich. I think that it is healthy and it just taste's different compared to others. It is also cheaper here in our locality and a nearby town makes homemade peanut butter and I can get a cup of it for just $2.

12. Jacek

JacekNew Member

Threads:
    I love peanut butter and I will eat all kinds but my favorite are the natural ones without all that added sugar. It took a week for me to convince myself I liked the natural better (Adams) but when I tried the other it tasted too sweet. My favorite snack is apples with peanut butter.

13. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is Smucker's natural, hands down. I used to be fan of Peter Pan, and had an aversion to natural peanut butter. Once I acquired a taste for the natural stuff, I became addicted and now I'll never go back to the other brand names. I also like natural almond butter. I can eat either one by the spoon, by itself.

14. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I like Smart Balance peanut butter. Growing up, we always had Jif in the house, but now I prefer Smart Balance as it has less preservatives than many other brands.

15. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    My current favorite is Peter Pan Honey Roast Creamy. I have always been a big PB&J fan, but when this Peter Pan product hit the market, I just went crazy. I'm up to running abut 5 miles per day now to maintain my figure, but it's well worth it!

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite brand of peanut butter is Lady's Choice. I have tasted Jif peanut butter, and I find it quite bland for my taste.