Pedalling Machine Worth The Money?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by SLTE • Dec 11, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I work from home, so I live a somewhat sedentary life. I've been running a lot at night, as I need to go meet my wife after she's done work, but that's only ten, maybe fifteen minutes of exercise. I'd like more each day, so I've considered picking up a pedalling machine - basically the pedals from a bike on their own, with some resistance to make the pedalling harder - to use while I'm working. I've read they're usually used more for therapy, though, so I'm not sure if it would be a waste of money for someone who's looking for a more intensive exercise. Anybody got any experience with these? It's much cheaper than a full bike, but I don't want to waste my cash on something I'll toss out in a month or two.

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Any movement is good movement, but I don't think a machine as such would be an effective workout in terms of intense calorie burn. I can't see how it would increase your heart rate enough to get into the zone. I have never tried it myself, though. I think it would be a great idea for someone who has trouble "sitting still" and it would still give you some sort of movement to counter-balance a job sitting at a desk all day.