Penny Shopping Finds At Dollar General

Discussion in Misc & Others started by clauemi • Nov 14, 2015.

1. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    If you have no idea what penny shopping is, just Youtube it or Google it. Basically, once an item hits 90% it pennies out. The employees are supposed to take it off the floor but for one reason or another it doesn't happen. Per store policy, if you find it you can buy it.

The last time I went I found kids summer clothes and shoes. In the past I've also found candy, kitchen stuff, purses, toys and various other items. Wondering if anyone here penny shops and what kinds of things have you scored on.
    39525ce7c65ec86ffa858f21fef56789.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of it, but Dollar General does sell things ridiculously cheap at times. One time I was looking at jersey I liked in there, I almost bought it, but it was the wrong size...when I went back, I found my size and it had been reduced to a dollar, so naturally I was over the moon. I will have to take a look at the penny shopping thing online.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a group of Facebook that the members penny shop at the Dollar General and sell their bounty either on Ebay or Facebook. I have seen some really good deals posted in the group. The Dollar General near me has never had any of these reductions the times I have gone into the store.