People May Be Able To Make Calls On A Plane Using Their Cell Phones Soon - How Do You Feel About Th

Discussion in Travel started by Pat • Dec 17, 2013.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It may be possible for all people on an air plane to make personal calls on their cell phones while in the air. Some people think that is a good idea and some people feel that it is not a good idea.

I have to ride the bus often where people use the phone making personal phone calls which I find very distracting and often uncomfortable. The person is talking very loud and about things that should be kept private.

It would be worse on an air plane, smaller space, longer time on the plane.

What do you think?

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Its a bad idea for me. I make sure my phone it off every time i go inside a plane. I stare at those people talking over the phone but I'm hesitant to actually tell them its not allowed. People just never listen even when the stewardess just emphasize it in thier announcement that it may affect plane's radar. I just follow what they say though but I wonder how it really affect and can it be a reason a plane will crash?

3. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would be too comfortable about that. I mean there was a reason that phones were so strict before. So until they give a full in depth reason for the change/update, I won't feel comfortable about it. Convenient, but still.

4. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I don't think it is a good idea to use mobile phones on planes as like you said, it is irritating when people are talking on phones on other public transport. People always seem to shout on phones and if they do that on a quiet bus imagine how loud they would be shouting on a noisy plane! Other than being annoying, if phones have been banned on planes they must be a risk to use on flights but then again, if they were that dangerous they would be taken off of passengers before boarding planes so maybe they are not so dangerous after all. I am not sure whether I like the idea or not.

5. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    It's not idea at all, phone should be switched off while on board till you are out of the plane i prefer it that way.