Pepsi or Coke?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by atribble73 • Jul 21, 2014.

1. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    I am just wondering what others choices and picks are when it comes to pepsi and coke?
    I normally choose Coke, I am not too much of a fan of pepsi but some of their products I do love; Crush and cherry pepsi :)

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like them both, and they have distinct flavors. Sometimes I'll feel like a Coke and other times I'll want a Pepsi. It's as simple as that.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been working on a theory that people might state a profession, but they will take whatever is on offer if their chosen beverage is not available. A lot like smokers who have a favourite brand, but will smoke anything when they run out and ask someone for a spare cigarette.

I'm a Coke man by the way. :)

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy Pepsi from time to time, but I am a coke girl. Always have been, my family overall have always been a Pepsi family, I was just the black sheep. Pepsi has good flavoring, but I like Coke because of not only the flavor but the bubbles. It has a ton of bubbles and I love the scratchy feel I get in the back of the throat from drinking it. Just feels more refreshing to me.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what I particularly don't like about Coke, my eyes close when I drink it due to some discomfort that I feel in my mouth. So I prefer to drink Pepsi. I actually have not bought any Coke product for the longest time.

6. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a Coca-Cola fan through and through. I consider myself very loyal to the brand and even like to joke around that Pepsi is not allowed in my house. :) If we go to a restaurant with Pepsi products, I will usually stick with root beer or water. I'm just not a fan of Pepsi at all and if I'm going to drink cola, I would rather wait until I can drink what I truly enjoy.

7. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm...not sure to be honest. I really enjoy both, although never the diet versions. They're just not worth it.

What's the real decider though is their special flavours. Vanilla coke is delicious, if very sweet, whereas Pepsi has that really nice Lime Pepsi that I don't even think they make anymore for some reason

8. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    RC cola

How about good old Royal Crown? Used to be the one in a bigger bottle. On a road trip to TDY in the 1950s when my dad was a field engineer for RCA we stopped at a country store and Dad went in and asked for a bottle of RCA cola. The guy said "We don't got no RCA Cola, but we do have RC". That was almost 60 years ago but I still get a laugh out of it. On the same trip Dad stopped at a truck stop in rural Louisiana to get coffee and a Yankee was getting coffee at the same time. The Yankee wasn't prepared for Louisiana style coffee with chicory and thought he had been poisoned.

9. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I never got into the whole Coke vs. Pepsi thing...

As long as my cup has ice, I don't care at all.... I think people got caught by that marketing play they did way back....

Agreed son!

They still sell it here in Portugal! And it's pretty delicious :cool:

10. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    What "marketing play" are you talking about? For me, it has nothing to do with marketing or advertising. I just flat-out prefer the taste of Coke over Pepsi. It doesn't get much simpler than that!

11. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    Only recently I have actually started to notice the difference between Coke and Pepsi. I grew up drinking mainly Pepsi ans I still enjoy its flavoring more than Coca-Cola's. It also feels much smoother to me me whereas Coke feels more acidic and harsh. That said, I'll take either one that's offered, not a big deal to me as long as it's cold and, as mentioned above, NOT DIET! (The aftertaste of the artificial sweeteners is horrible)

12. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I used to only drink Coke, but became a Pepsi convert when I drank a wild cherry Pepsi because the store was out of cherry Coke. I noticed the Pepsi didn't taste as sweet so I preferred it. I will really drink either but prefer Pepsi.

13. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Since I am a Coke drinker, I do enjoy Pepsi once in a while especially when it's not offered where you are dining. The different flavor you taste is uhm, refreshing to say the least. But I like the analogy back there where smokers will smoke anything when they run out. So true with Coke and Pepsi drinking.

14. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer Coke. I remember that as a child my mom would make Coke Floats with vanilla ice cream and I always associate Coke with that happy childhood memory. I will drink Pepsi occasionally, but I will always pick Coke if given a choice.

15. zuulspaceman

zuulspacemanNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer Coke in the way of flavor and quality. However, I despise their new marketing campaign with the names on bottles thing. It's basically a way to get people to advertise for them for free. It's a genius idea, but I hate going to the store and seeing the shelf in disarray and then I come home and see people posting pictures of their names on bottles. I don't drink Coke name bottles because I shudder to think about how many people have handled them looking for their name!

16. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    That thing where people tasted both of them blinded...
    I really don't remember that much talk about one being better than the other before this. I was pretty young though...

I can tell the difference. But I don't care...
    The best way to go is to not drink either, since that's pretty much poison you are putting into your body... (I know it tastes good, so does cocaine. Trust me on that...)

Either way, Pepsi Twist is still pound for pound the best!

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. I can tell that Coke, Pepsi and RC Cola taste different, but I like them all. Right now I think Coke's "Share a Coke" campaign is adorable. A sample lady handed me a free can of Coke at Walmart. Some of them said Star or Friend. I got one that said Legend. So cute. Some of the Coke products have people's names on them, like I saw a can that said Levi and one that said Ryan.
    In Japan, they have limited edition Coke bottles with the name of Japanese celebrities on them.

These are Australian ones.
    share-a-coke.

18. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have only realized how bad soda is for you so I've cut down on it . Mind you I was drinking more than a normal person does in a day though. I usually drink Sprite exclusively or some type of root bear. But between Pepsi and Coke I prefer Pepsi. The sweeter one , surprise surprise.

19. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really can't see any difference between Pepsi and Coke, for me they taste exactly the same so I will have whatever is available or cheaper. Having this said, I try to avoid this kind of drinks as much as I can because I know they are unhealthy and more, they are more expensive than water. ;)

20. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Its been so long since I've had either because I don't drink soda but when I do on a rare occasion I like the clear kind like sprite or ginger ale. But If I had to make a choice I would say I liked Pepsi but I did like cherry coke, wonder if they still make that.