Perfect Brownie Maker

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by rymick • Apr 18, 2012.

1. rymick

rymickNew Member

Threads:
    My husband has been wanting the Perfect Brownie Maker for a while but I couldn't really see the value. He wound up buying it one day and he loves it. I will confess, it makes perfect brownies! The browines are perfectly cut into serving sizes and I was very impressed!

There are cons, however. First of all, it has four different pieces and takes up too much cabinet space. It would be so much better if it collapsed. Secondly, and my biggest pet peeve, it is not non-sitck and each and every nook and cranny has to be generously greased to be sure it won't stick. This is very messy if you use the spray oils and very frustrating if you miss a spot. Thirdly, cleaning is a pain because although its dishwasher safe, you have to manually get into the corners to get everything clean.

Overall, it is definitely nice to have for occaisions or making brownies for guests, etc. but it does come with a little extra work. If anyone has any solutions to the issues I listed, I would love to hear them!

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Is this the one though that makes all of the brownies have a crust? I don't like the crusts so I guess for me it would be the 'imperfect' brownie maker. i could still see the value in it though if you were making brownies for a large group and wanted an exact size serving.

3. rymick

rymickNew Member

Threads:
    I have not had the experience where they all come out with crusts. All of the edge pieces will obviously have the one sided crust, but other than that it just looks like a perfectly cut piece. I think it makes 18 pieces in all, so if you need more than that, you will be in the kitchen longer or you will need another one. So, that's another issue.
    Overall, though, it does do it's job!

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I got one at some point, too, and you're right on all measures. It does make great brownies, but it's a pain in the butt to clean. I always make sure to spray all the nooks and crannies really well, but it's still not easy to wash, so I end up avoiding using it.

5. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I never even heard of the perfect brownie maker before. But now that I know such a thing exists, I WANT it.

6. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I would love to own one of these pans! However your post about them being hard to clean really makes me want to think twice about it! I love the edges of a brownie and thought this pan would be amazing but if it is hard to clean and leaves a bunch of gunk in the corners then I really don't think that it is for me. Thanks for an informative review!

7. moneysaver

moneysaverNew Member

Threads:
    I usually stay away from anything that says "Perfect" because its been my experience that they usually do not live up to their promise. The fact that it's hard to clean and takes up so much cabinet space makes are already huge turn offs to buying. I really appreciated the information on this, since I am usually inclined on buying anything that has to do with brownies!

8. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    What is the difference between this and cooking brownies in a regular pan?

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    This is the one my mom has and loves to use it. To clean it she just soaks it in warm soapy water and after an hour of soaking, runs it through the dishwasher.
    perfect-brownie-bake-pan.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I dont go for this. Being a baking and pastry majoy I don't have an issue making brownies. I guess its a better item for those who have issues usually making a good batch of brownies. I see the science behing the modeling of this but honestly brownies arent that hard to have to go out and buy a special pan that dumbs up the works for you in my opinion. Especially after reading so many reviews of people complaining about how tough it is to clean and how the pieces can get stuck together, etc. I rather stick to my regular sheet pans.

11. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Well, don't worry. I'd buy it, too! You're not alone. I wonder why in the world they didn't make it non stick?! That would just be smart. Heck, I'd like the insert just to cut them when they come out of the oven and they could cool with it in there. Having perfectly shaped brownies would be awesome.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It doesn't dumb it down. You still make the brownies the same exact way. The batter is identical.

What the pan is for is so that every edge of every brownie is touching pan. For people who love the chewy outside edges of brownies, that means every single piece is "perfect" because every one is that way.

13. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I get it now :) Not something I would buy. Seems to be just another one of those "things" that people want us to buy to do something we can already do. Most of these "handy" appliances are sooo unnecessary and a waste of expenses. I'm talking about things like smoothie makers (use a blender), quasadilla makers (use a pan), etc. People LOVE to make money off of silly consumers that NEED that new product.

14. Lucky120

Lucky120New Member

Threads:
    I might actually want to own one if it works. I think that it may be something that can help me with some of the baking. I know that there are some things that just do not work, but I have seen this and maybe I should give it a shot and see. Has anyone here had any experience with actually using it or anything? If you have please share your success for none success with the item. I just don't want to waste money on something that may not work.

15. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Reading about the problem of cleaning the brownie maker, I am reminded of something I have tried before. It's a general purpose liquid detergent from Amway called LOC, short for Liquid Organic Concentrate. Just half-a-capful for a basin of water. Soak the utensils for an hour or so. Then everything is just wash and rinse. Hardly any scrubbing needed. When I cook rice on the gas stove and burned the rice, I leave it to LOC to do the hard work. No, I am not an Amway agent. Not anymore.

16. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    This brownie maker seems like a great idea. Seems like it could save me the time and energy that normally goes into making brownies.

17. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    Nice to know; my family and I were thinking about buying one.
    I think we'll just keep making them the way we currently do.

Thanks for the thread!!

18. BooJeanIsIt

BooJeanIsItNew Member

Threads:
    It is NOT easy to clean... but it does make perfect size brownies!

19. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    My mom bought me one for my birthday last year. I love making brownies, but I could never cut them without making a big mess. I LOVE this pan. It does make the perfect brownies. They don't burn, and they are so easy to get out. The only thing I don't like is that it is very hard to clean as some others have mentioned. I would definately recommend this pan to anyone who love brownies, but hate to cut them with a knife.

20. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    My daughter picked one up somewhere. It was after Christmas and was on sale for $3.99. We love it and use it anytime we make brownies now. I agree that it should have been made non stick. I spray it with some cooking spray though and have not had a hard time getting it clean.