Perfect Tortilla is Fantastic!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by postergirl • Mar 14, 2014.

1. postergirl

postergirlMember

Threads:
    Hello everybody!
    if anyone is doubting the Perfect Tortilla Pan, doubt no more! I bought this at Showcase and I can't say enough good things about it! Super easy to clean, bakes delicious low fat edible bowls and takes very little storage space in the kitchen cabinets. Love it! Buy it! Everyone should have one!

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I looked it up after reading this. It's an interesting concept. My only concern is having so many things in my kitchen I do not regularly use. This seems reminiscent of the Eggies, Onion Blossom Maker, Taco Holders, Fizz-Keeper, etc. Maybe I just need more ways to utilize it regularly.

3. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like a good idea until I realized that if you just flip a muffin tray over you get basically the same thing...
    Here's an image of what I mean: mini-taco-bowls-shells-b.

4. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I recently saw this in Walmart and considered getting it. I love Taco Salads and think it would be fun to make my own bowls, but I would be worried I would use it once or twice and it just ends up being another kitchen tool that gets forgotten in my cabinets. I do like the idea of doing it on a upside down muffin tin! I think that's a great idea.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes tortillas get large but this is a good idea, especially if a person needs their cupboard space. One thing I like about the tortilla gadget is that it eliminates the need to fry a bowl. I love restaurant style tortilla salads but the fried bowl makes it fattening.

6. JudyCap

JudyCapNew Member

Threads:
    I bought these Tortillia pans, they are great for making a bowl. However I thought it dried the tortillia out too much. Maybe if you sprayed the tortillias with some olive oil before baking them they wouldn't be quite that baked out or dry. It was just my opininon of them. As far as taking up space, they don't take up anymore space than a cereral bowl. It is a good idea. Am sure it will go far!

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Thanks for the recommendation, I checked it out after seeing this post and it does seem pretty neat. I agree with Oakster that it can probably be done with muffin trays but I think it's alright to spend on this to get more uniform results and I don't see it as being that much different than just buying another bowl. I think this is very similar to the bacon bowl maker in that way but I think this is a bit more useful since I imagine it's much more unhealthy and probably impractical to use bacon everyday rather than a tortilla bowl.

8. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Glad it worked out well for you. I was thinking about getting one. I don't see how it could possibly get messed up since it's such a simple concept. That's awesome. I may have to look into placing an order now. Seems like I would use it a lot.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Just a heads up regarding these - I was in Deals the other day and noticed they were selling a knock off version of these as well, and they are only $1 each. The weird thing though from what I remember was that the bowls were made out of some form of plastic rather than metal - which seemed odd, but apparently it must be some sort of oven proof heat resistant plastic. A almost bought one, but the more I thought about it, it didn't sound too appetizing for me to eat a tortilla that's more or less just been dried out in my oven. It's not going to have the same taste or texture of a fried tortilla bowl.

10. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I have the perfect tortilla thing and it is a pretty cute little idea. We've done some taco salads and the such with it, but don't expect to find a good spot to put these in your kitchen. They are like randomly showing up all over the place all the time. Also I've lost the directions. We should maybe put those up for people so there's a place on the interconnected web of computers you can look for it.

11. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630Banned

Threads:
    Thanks! I really love Tortillas. I'm looking forward to buying a pan right now, thanks a lot for your opinion :)

12. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Are there any 'secrets' (which most chefs might know, but which regular folks might not) to cooking them to restaurant-quality?