Pet Strollers

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Sep 11, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I noticed that more and more pet stores here in the Philippines are selling pet strollers. These are like baby strollers only that they have mesh-like covers, so the pets won't jump or fall off. I have seen pet owners with these strollers at malls, and I think that it's kind of silly actually. What is your take on pet strollers? Will you buy one for your pet?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    While I love my cat, I honestly think that it would only be a nuisance if I take him to the mall, so I definitely won't buy a pet stroller because I don't think he needs it and I don't feel the need to take my pet with me and display him in public. I'm sure people who would want to take their pet with them won't mind buying a pet stroller.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they are just silly and I would never get a pet stroller for my dog. He loves to walk, so we wouldn't be very smart to buy stroller. Also, dogs are not babies, even though people sometimes confuse that.... They should not be treated as children! The only times where it's okay to carry a dog in a stroller, in my opinion, is when the dog has a problem and can't walk by itself.

4. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    I think it's pathetic. Pets do become part of the family, but they are not children!!! They are pets and only pets. They don't belong in strollers and diapers.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think I'd buy one and use it because the whole point of taking the pets outdoors to me is to allow them to walk and experience the outside world as naturally as possible. I don't even like putting them on a leash and would much rather to without if I could but unfortunately it's necessary. Also I think it would take much more effort on my part to push around a stroller anyway.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure that I really understand the point of these, but apparently there is one and people are getting them. Hopefully I will be just fine making it through without one, though.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I am thinking of getting one for my little Jack Russell because she is getting old now and when I walk her she sometimes gets tired and I have to carry her. They are great for little dogs but not so good for a large dog. I don't even know if you can get strollers for large animals.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife bought a pet stroller. From what I remember, it costs more than $100. Our oldest dog named Tisoy has malformed paws and he easily gets tired when walking long distances. However, that stroller was used only twice because Tisoy prefers to walk. He is uneasy when riding the stroller. Our 2 other dogs don’t like to ride either so that stroller is now part of our personal museum in the stock room. Tsk, tsk, it’s really a waste of money to buy such things for pets because animals don’t need them.