Pet training

Discussion in Pets started by Gelsemium • May 27, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are about to buy a pet, do you consider it's training or you just want a pet to hang out with you regardless of his behavior? Also, do you think you have the skills to train it or would you go for a professional? What pet would that be?

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    If the pet is already big or considered as an adult then I definitely consider if it's trained or not. But if it is still very young then I believe I can train the pet myself.

I have train my own cat in the past since it was very young and my family train our dogs as well. Dog and cat are the only animal I'm confident to have as a pet :D

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed with this! My roommate recently got a new kitten and we had no problems training her how to use the litterbox and just other things needed to be a housecat. I can't imagine a cat that's a few years old would be as willing to learn though! If I ever did get an older cat, I'd look for one that's been trained already.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    First of all, if I were to buy a pet, then I would only have to consider if that pet is well behaved in the first place. Then I wouldn't mind after that if it's not yet trained, I think it can be taught the longer you interact with him. Like I got my cat when he was 8 months old, and he was pooping in a basin in his cage, then when I decided to make him a house cat, he now knows well enough to not poop or pee inside the house and he makes it known that he wants to go outside.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, some animals are way more intelligent than others, that is proven, so most likely a more intelligent animal will be more receptive to training is that what you are saying? On the other hand, if we are picking up a pet in a animal kennel, how do we know how clever he is or if he has training? Possibly the staff from the kennel know their animals and can give good advice?