Pets for life, pet assistance program

Discussion in Pets started by Micheleteresa • Jun 30, 2012.

1. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I am a volunteer for Pets for Life NYC (PFLNYC), formerly known as the Safety Net Program, Pets for Life is an animal surrender prevention program which offers guidance, services and solutions to New York City area residents for problems they are having keeping their pet for life. Our goal is to help solve the problem(s) so the person is able to keep their pet with them in their family and avoid surrendeirng them to city shelters.

PFLNYC offers free and low-cost behavior training for dogs and cats for guardians in financial need, reduced-cost boarding (and foster homes when available) for people in temporary crises, information regarding pet-related landlord/tenant issues, allergy and shedding information and solutions, reduced-cost vet care for those who qualify, pet food donations for those in need, education and referrals for free and low-cost spay/neuter, and general guidance and support for pet guardians and for people who have found unclaimed stray animals.

If you know someone in the New York City area or Long Island area who needs assistance caring for or keeping their pets, call the Pets for Life NYC hotline at 917-468-2938

2. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    Spunds like a great program. In Iowa we have Animeals which sounds pretty much the same as you program in New York. To qualify though you have to be elderly or disabled. The only way low-income can get the assistants is by getting a letter or something from a social worker which I find kind of stupid. I could really use their help with getting my cats fixed so they don't keep having kittens and at times I run out of cat food but I don't want to go through the hassle of contacting a social worker since they laid off a bunch here.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Sounds awesome. I will definitely pass this info on, thank you. I also tend to pop in at this site

if you just click on one of the adds, you contribute towards a plate of food for a four legged buddy. They also link you to other sites...it is so potentially powerful.

It is monetized via sponsored ads, and it is all legit. No monetary profit but a good feeling from knowing that something good can come from your actions.

4. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:

Here are two places you should contact for assistance, or at least check them out, Capitol Area Animal Response Team: Shawnee County (temporary boarding, pet food and supplies)
    shawneecaart.org

Iowa Humane Alliance/Spay Iowa: Statewide (spay/neuter assistance)

5. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I also do the animal rescue site clicks and the other daily clicks to donate, your right there are a lot of usful links to be found on the site as well as some very nice things for sale and its nice knowing your making a purchase that is contributing to helping others.