Pets moving woes

Discussion in Pets started by Adeal4u • May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I'm moving out of my old house and into a newer more upscale place, and they don't allow pets. I don't want to put them in a shelter, but I know I'll probably have to leave them there. I tried to give them to friends and family, but they already have pets of their own. What should I do in this situation?

2. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    Try to find a No Kill Shelter that will keep your pets (at your expense) until they are adopted. They have a belief that putting a loving pet to sleep is not the answer so as long as you can afford to provide food for the pet, etc. Here is a link that helps you find a shelter in your state (scroll to the bottom). They also have helpful hints.

I wish you the best!

3. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Put them into a shelter that guarantees not to put your pet down. That's probably your best and safest answer for your pet if friends and families can't take care of them.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks, that's a great idea. I was worrying about where they would go. I thought about just releasing them into the streets. What's better let them go free, or put them in a no-kill shelter?

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Do not just let them go free, that is not a good option at all. A shelter will at least feed them, keep them out of the weather and keep them safe. Most shelters now really try to match the pets to a good home for you, too. They want the animals to have a forever home so they do try hard to make sure the people adopting the pet is a good match for the animal.

6. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    In this situation, I wouldn't consider moving into a place unless they allowed my two dogs to live there. I check beforehand. When I moved into this house, I asked the landlord if he would allow my two dogs to come and live here also and he said yes. It is basically that there are many lovely places we can live. If we already have pets then we should be considering them when we move. We don't just get a pet for while we are living in a certain place, we get them for life.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would find a place that accepts pets, but if you cannot,you could also try listing them on

, if that is your only choice. I would ditch the new house though and find somewhere that would be great for your pets as well,and you could find something better anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.