Pets On Wedding Ceremony?

Discussion in Pets started by isabbbela • Mar 20, 2016.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me and my fiancee will be getting married next year, and we will have the ceremony in the same venue as the reception - no church. We are thinking it might be a good and cute idea to have our dog get in with a child carrying the wedding rings, but we are still thinking about it.
    What do you think, is this cute?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well if it's a controlled situation and all goes well I don't see why not. It's your wedding so you can have what you like. Check with the officiant and see if they have any rules about pets or animals at the wedding for some don't accept it. Congratulations!

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would be alright since you will be having your wedding at the same venue as your reception. Weddings held in churches most of the time have strict rules so I think having your pet dog as part of your wedding entourage would be okay as long as it's not in church. I also think it's rather cute to have your pet dog tag along on your most special day. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! :)

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You want you wedding day to be memorable and if having your pet "attend" will give you that satisfaction then you should get what you want regardless of what those who attend the ceremony think. If you fiance also wants the same thing then go for it.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, it would depend on how my pet responded to large crowds, noises, strangers and whether s/he was well behaved enough to fit in. Since I have cats, not dogs, the answer for me would be no. My cats are too high strung to deal well with people unless they've met them several times at least, so I'd leave them at home. Dogs are often a different story, and it might also depend on whether you have a large or small dog. I understand dog allergies are much less prevalent than cat allergies, so that may not be an issue, but it could be something to take into consideration.