Philippines- No More Fuel Surcharge

Discussion in Travel started by Radix24 • Jan 29, 2015.

1. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    The plummeting world oil prices is having a good impact when it comes to travel. For one, Philippine air carriers have removed the fuel surcharge per flight and can save the traveler some money when it comes to travelling within the country. For those interested to visit, drop by now while prices are lowered. We do not know if the low oil prices will remain low in the near future.

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Is this thing only happening in the Philippines? It has to be happening all around the world and not that in the country. But I have heard that Philippines is a country that's really rich with natural beauty, quite saddening that those beauties aren't well maintained and utilized because of the corrupt people in the country and those foreigners who take advantage of the weaknesses of the Philippine leaders.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Too bad I'm not looking to take a trip to the Philippines, but this move doesn't surprise me at all. Everyone involved benefits from lower fuel costs, so it makes sense for airlines to extend some of the benefits to consumers through fewer surcharges and fees.

4. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if this is also happening in other countries. It might be. Especially since having the surcharges means that this will discourage would be travelers because of the added cost. I am also sad that a lot of the beauties are not maintained.

It really does makes sense for the airline to do that. The disappearance of the surcharges means that I want to travel some more, especially going back to my home town. It is a homesickness remedy of some sort.

5. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually been to the Philippines before, and it was great. You won't have to worry about things like food and lodging being expensive, except if you're staying in a 5 star resort. There are white sand beaches there that rival even the most beautiful in the caribbean. The philippinos are also a very friendly people.

6. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for liking us Filipinos and the entire Philippines.Regarding the fuel surcharges, Yes it true local carriers in the Philippines have scrap the fuel surcharges due to lower oil price. The Civil Aeronautics Board of the country has order all domestic and local flights operating in the Philippines to scrap fuel surcharges and should be implemented immediately.