Physical schedule book

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Aurora • Nov 1, 2014.

1. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    The year of 2014 is almost over and the year of 2015 is coming! It is about time to think of the 2015 schedule book. Mobile phone is a necessity in modern city life and everyone can access to the electronic diary or schedule through mobile phone. I am curious, how many of you insist on a physical schedule book besides the digital one? I cannot do without it because I feel the digital one is less Handy for me in most situations.

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I use both. I have a notebook that I keep with a calendar in it. I like to have a backup incase my phone runs out of battery. I keep notes on and off my phone too. It's not a very organized system but it works for me :) I keep track of 75% of my schedule in my notebook.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried many times to get into this habit because everyone else was doing it, but ultimately I never remember to look at it, or I don't remember to write things down. I am so accustomed to just storing this information in my head that I never seem to be able to sustain the habit of using one for more than a month at most. It seems so redundant to me when I already have everything memorized that is in there. I think if I actually had enough things to write down that I couldn't remember without writing it down I would have felt totally overwhelmed with how busy I was long before that point and seriously cut back on activities so I could survive.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I also use both, but lately, my physical calendar is more personal and allows me to keep track of things I need to do, rather than family stuff and appointments my husband also needs to be aware of. We use the Google calendar so we can both see what the other has going on, but when it comes to daily tasks and monthly goals, I like to use the small planner that I used in college. There's just something so satisfying about taking a pen and marking something "done."

That said, I typically wait until February or March when they are 90% off at CVS. Haha. (Guess my January is totally unproductive.)

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Truthfully, I don't think the general population will ever be able to truly go paperless. I've tried it, but it just doesn't come naturally to me at all and that could be due to the fact that I've lived more years without a smartphone than with one. So, grabbing my phone for the tiniest of notes, just seems like more of a hassle than not. Then again, I'm also old enough to still run with the population of people that strongly appreciate a watch on their arm.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just mark the calendar in my phone or write things down in my drafts menu. I presently don't have the need to organize things, and if I do I will just save it in my drafts menu for easier access.