Picking Up Packages At The Post Offices

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Mar 3, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing I find most annoying when receiving packages is that usually they are delivered when I am at work, so I need to pick them up at the post offices after work. Sometimes I even ask them to be delivered at my job, but I don't like to do this often. Do you have this problem too?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never had such a problem and don't think I will any time soon. I'm always home. Of course that doesn't mean I don't leave my home, ever, it's just that I'll be home when it matters most. So if there's a package being delivered, the delivery person will find me. In any case even if I'm not home, there's always someone around . . .

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's the opposite with me because I don't work from home, so when the mail people go there I am not at home, so I tend to give my work address. I don't feel too comfortable doing it, but so far so good, no problems with it and I do save a lot of time.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far so good as far as picking up packages are concerned. Despite living in a third world country, our postal system is surprisingly very efficient. Commercial couriers go out of their way to communicate with you and tell you that a package will soon be delivered to your office or home. You can tell them outright if you're not available. For government postal services, mailmen simply leave your package to a neighbor or at your doorstep if no one responds to their call.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't mind picking up packages at the post office. My main concern is that the packages arrive in time, or that they arrive at all. Here, where I live, it takes a long time for packages to arrive via ordinary delivery systems. A letter from Europe can take up to two weeks. So, I, like many others, have a "middle agent", a contact that brings mail and packages into the country in their private containers.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I work from home so I thong find it as much of a problem to intercept the deliveries. I'm sometimes forced to get packages at the post office though for some reason and I kind of dislike it unless it is a package I know I will like. I don't even know why they sometimes ask me to pick up items but from time to time I'll get packages from my friends abroad that I need to pick up and it's always such a chore.

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mean, you can't do much about that. You can't expect postmen to work into late evening or night, can you?

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing you live in an apartment or condo where you have a small mailbox? Or else, why can't the post man just leave it on your porch? I'd be annoyed as well. I can't stand adding one more time consuming chore to my day when I have other things to do. And I don't even hate the post office. But it is one more thing to do.

I used to have packages delivered to myself at work all the time. It was just easy.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the purchase if just local, then it gets delivered straight to our home. But if the item was bought abroad, all items get stuck in the post office and we receive a card to be able to claim them, and then we pay $3 as "storage fee" to get the parcel no matter how cheap the item is. Just one of the rackets of our government.