Pickled Products

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Aug 1, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've recently been growing more and more fond of pickled products, as I find them to be very good palette cleansers and I just grew to appreciate their taste in general. There was a time when I wouldn't even go near pickles, but now that I'm older, I can't get enough of it. So far, I have tried regular pickles, pickled radishes, and pickled papaya, but I'm eager to discover and try more variations so please drop some recommendations here if you have any other suggestions that you think are noteworthy.

So far, on my wish list of pickled products I want to taste, I have : sauerkraut and deep fried pickles.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I recently tried pickled okra. I have to admit it was quite slimy and difficult to enjoy. Upon rinsing off the inevitable goo that exists with okra, it was quite nice. I also had pickled asparagus with some fresh baked Focaccia bread. Now THAT was phenomenal.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Wow that's very interesting. Now I'm really glad I posted this thread. I've never even thought of okra or asparagus being pickled before, even more so expect any one of them to taste good, but I'll take your word on the asparagus and search for it. Hopefully it will be available in my local grocery or restaurants and if not I'm sure I can find a way to pull it off making it at home. Thanks!

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of the items you mention that are pickled I have never considered pickled. I like the bread and butter pickles they are sweet as opposited to the usualy sour taste like with a dill pickle. I like a mix called 3 bean salad that has 3 different beans, kidney beans, green beans, onions and a third bean of your choice when I make it myself, it is pickled and very good.