Pinesol Great To Get Rid of Roaches

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sparkle73 • Sep 8, 2012.

1. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    :eek:Got a problem with roaches? We accidentally found a way to get rid of them. This would not only kill the little pest, but also leave your house smelling fresh as well. Run to the nearest store or better yet, dollar store and grab yourself some lemon scented pine sol. Recently, a new family moved in next door and brought with them some unwelcome guests, roaches!

I got up one night and notice they were actually having a party on my kitchen table, and my husband immediately grabbed what was nearest to him, which was a bottle of Pine-Sol; he started spraying like crazy and noticed they were dropping dead. So now this is all we use to get rid of this problem, 1/2 bottle of pine sol and water. It works great!

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it is limited to Pinesol. Anything loaded with chemicals will do the job; I have used bleach before and got the job done at only a fraction of the cost of Pinesol. I usually have a solution of water and bleach made up that I use for cleaning and it also kills any pests running around as well. Of course, the dog and cats usually take care of anything running around at night anyway.

3. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    Hey thanks, for letting me know about the beach, never thought about it, will try that too! Of course, there are many products to try to get rid of pest, I just made this post because it was a surprise to us that pinesol worked too.

4. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    its great to make them die instantly, but wouldn't you need to bring in pest control to fix the problem for good?

5. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    That started me laughing. That sounds like a commercial. New use. I must remember that. I love the smell of PineSol. Thanks for the tip.

6. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    "It's PINeSOL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can clean yo floors giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl and make them smell nice and lemony but watch out now...kill bugs dead with Pinesol!"

I would love seeing the Pinesol lady doing a spot on the benefits of killing bugs and roaches.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The lemon scented Lysol all purpose cleaner also seems to kill roaches. I haven't tried Pine Sol. I wonder if it would work on the giant Florida palmetto bugs that fly in the window at night. I'm kind of a tomboy and I'm not really scared of most bugs, but a Palmetto bug flying at my head can make me scream like a little girl. Flying roaches, how revolting.

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Never heard of using Pinesol to kill bugs before. Good to know even though we are very lucky not to have roaches where we live. Might have to give it a try on some of the big spiders around here. Now that fall is in the air, the nights are getting cold enough that the spiders will be trying to make their way inside. Some of them are really BIG!

9. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have actually read online that a great way to keep all bugs out of your house is to spray Pine Sol around the outside of your doors outside.

10. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I have never tried this, but had huge problems when I lived in the south. I had a company come in monthly to spray, but this would be so much cheaper. Does it take care of the little and big roaches?

11. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    Living in Florida, I have had to try a few things too. I have use many chemicals if I didn't have the real stuff and a lot of it seems to work. I can't stand those things. They get so big here. It's not the best idea to buy a house that hasn't been lived in for a while like we did. Yuck! They weren't as bad as they could've been but we did find some even after it had been sprayed.

12. Worldwide

WorldwideNew Member

Threads:
    Vinegar+Lemon Pine Sol

I've been using a vinegar and dollar store lemon pin sol 50/50 mix in a spray bottle, and it really takes care of cockroach problems. It's safe, and the fresh clean smell afterwards makes we want to spray it everyday. I woke up this morning and found one legs up and stiff under the kitchen cabinet. Funny, those pests are millions of years old and can't survive being sprayed with a .99 Cents Store bottle of disinfectant cleaner..very cool. :D

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Wow I would of never guessed that pinesol would work for roaches thank for sharing this :)

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never even seen a real roach before, but nice to know. If I hadn't read this I likely would have just blown up the house lol..

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    ...Wha? You've never seen a roach? Ever? At all? Weird. That said have you tried leaving bowls of liqueur about? Not only might you catch your first roach, but if you leave them outside you're sure to catch a slug or two. Little lushes just can't resist it.

16. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have roaches but have had ants come in now and then. I mop the kitchen floor regularly with pine-sol and it seems to keep them away as well. Have never had any pests and like you said, it does leave a very clean scent.

17. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    This is great. A new use for Pine-Sol. I might try it around our doorways. Do you know if it kills slugs? We have a terrible time with slugs by our front porch. I can't figure out why.

18. webdesignsbyapw

webdesignsbyapwNew Member

Threads:
    I remember when I was a kid, we used to have roaches. It was a nightmare and I still remember that experience. I would throw pennies on top of the roaches and they would still try to crawl out from under the pennies. Of course, I was just playing around since I was a kid. I wish I would have known about Pine-Sol and how well it works for this.

It is so easy to become infested with roaches. I know a couple who lived in an apartment that do not have any roaches. All of a sudden, they got roaches a year later because of the new people who moved in next to them. I suspect if you roaches had crawled under the door from the neighbors and into their apartment which is how it started.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It's interesting that you would say that. As I recall there was an episode of invasion or whatever it was called, where a young couple moved into an apartment with their small children and no matter what they did they could not get rid of the literal hundreds of roaches. Eventually they had to move back in with one of their parents because their six month old infant took ill. It turns out that the neighbors were filthy hoards in need of psychiatric help and that's why they could never get rid of the problem.

20. Adelanatgio

AdelanatgioNew Member

Threads:
    We moved to a duplex infested with roaches and I've always cleaned with fabuloso but today I decided to clean the bathroom with pine sol. And when I went to use it tonight I didn't see a roach for the first time. It occur to me that they don't like the lovely pine Sol smell