Pinterest As A Resource That Can Save You Some Money?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Dec 4, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the easiest ways to save money on beauty products is to make your own. Looking around the net, you'll find valuable information on numerous blogs and maybe on youtube but one site that could be a goldmine of such information is Pinterest.

Some pages you should take a look at:

And there's more . . .

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Pinterest. Any site that tells you "how to" is definitely going to save you money and considering it allows you to save how to sites from all over the net and find other people's how to boards with sites from all over the net, it's pretty much all you will ever need, to do pretty much everything lol. It's like the picture book version of google search lol. The only thing I would do to change it is better organizing within each board. I've saved so much at this point it takes a million hours to find something I've pinned.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I also love pintrest. You can pretty much find anything you need on it. I've used it to find quick and cheap recipes for food that was expiring soon and for beauty products when I didn't have time to run to the store. It is also a great resources to learn how to mend clothing and fix broken furniture.
    Overall its a great website to pretty much find out how to do anything from fixing things to DIY projects to cooking.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also in love with pinterest. I have found some good information to refashion clothes which will save me some money also recipes for interesting food. The homemade beauty tips are great and can save lots of money on gifts for soaps, household items and plants.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I find Pintrest as a good savings source for a lot of things because it is cheaper to make your own. I was actually on Pintrest and YouTube last night looking for decorating ideas. I wanted to take some old wrapping paper and make 3D Christmas star decorations out of it because I have extra wrap and do not want to spend money to buy decorations.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I think these days it would be a shame to let these online resources go to waste by just ignoring them and paying full price for retail goods. For some products that may be harder to make or would take longer, I think it would be more favorable to just buy them and save yourself some time that you could otherwise just spend on doing something else, but for some other products you definitely should consider just making it at home since the savings you can get off of those can sometimes be massive and you could just use this for other purchases.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will have to check those out. I really like Pinterest too, and consider it to be my favorite website really. Tips to save money are things we can all benefit from for sure...Thanks for sharing that!

8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not member of Pinterest, and their nuisance to get you joining to browse the site has kept me away rather than wanting to join.

I have to admit that many times those clips that people collect are useful and easy to follow, so I found an alternative by browsing Google Images to perform a search for "DIY beauty products" or whatever else to find relative images, step by step, and link to the source page when necessary to abound in details.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Pinterest, and use it a lot for craft and home remedy DIYs. There are lots of free patterns there, as well as recipes on just about every type of food product. I also use it to market my items and those of others that I cross-promote with, since it's free. I've heard that they are moving toward a system where items can be purchased directly on the site, which would be interesting for me, as long as the site doesn't charge for the service.

10. Nekomimi_mode

Nekomimi_modeNew Member

Threads:
    Pinterest is definitely a good place to save money but a lot of times I find some of the recipes to be a bit unrealistic. Like when you compare the photos of what you made to the photos of what they made it's obvious there were more steps involved than the ones they listed. I just want to scream "There is no need to dumb the instructions down for me!". Also a lot of people make a living off of Pinterest so they will endorse stuff that doesn't actually work sometimes. A lot of beauty gurus on there will be like "I just got this lipstick for so cheap and it really works!" then you buy it and find out it's severely drying to the lips. So while Pinterest does have awesome recipes and recommendations, I always take everything with a grain of salt now. Some of their beauty tips are actually bad for the skin as well.