Pintrest For Ideas

Discussion in Home & Garden started by KimmyMarkks • Dec 21, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use Pintrest to get Diy ideas? I find this is a great way to find information on how to make, cook or fix anything. I've learned how to fix broken jewelry and upgrade old furniture from this site.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly Pinterest annoys you trying to get you signing up to scroll beyond what it shows freely; images coming above the fold.

I don't sign up just for this nuisance, no matter how much I would like to browse further.

However I must say that I have a work around to enjoy the real excellent DIY resources Pinterest has; I use Google Images instead and search for the query "Pinterest" "DIY" and the type of resource I'm looking for; in this case would be "Furniture"

And yes, such search on Pinterest photos return useful ideas whether to buy original furniture, renovate your furniture or use furniture in home decor.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Pinterest. It's a little on the messy side, which gets my head reeling sometimes, but there isn't anything you can't find there. I use it a lot for meal ideas especially. I don't typically follow recipes, but get ideas and throw together something similar with whatever we have. We've got quite the large menu stacked up now because of Pinterest, it's awesome :)

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the recipes on Pinterest, I have seen ideas that I would not have thought of on my own. I look for fashion and furniture and decor ideas. I can be on Pinterest for hours just looking at the pictures. I follow many people but one I really like is the Forty and Fab page for fashion ideas.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Pinterest. It has such great ideas on just about everything. I find great classroom/teaching ideas on it which I use all the time. Many of colleagues swear by Pinterest too. Then I also find recipes and decorating ideas too. I haven't started to follow any one yet but I think if I had more time I would spend more on Pinterest and be inspired by all the great ideas. You find great DIY home projects to save money, great recipes to save money on cooking.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I tried to cook all of the recipes I fall in love with on Pinterest I would not be able to get thru my door. I love the snacks, I have have seen recipes on Pinterest that I have never seen on other sites that claim to have it all. It is really a great site for ideas.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I too have a pinterest account and love it. I go to it to get ideas, tips and recipes. They have so many pages of ideas and help. It's so much fun to look up things at pinterest. Pinterest also has a help the missing people of the world page too. Pinterest is a fun place.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I do use Pinterest for ideas because that site contains lots of 'em. I still remember when I was desperately thinking about the packaging that I will use for my tshirts. I wanted to have an unusual packaging just to get ahead of my competition so I decided to give Pinterest I try. There were lots of ideas there and I was able to settle for one of them. I did the packaging and my customers loved it!

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love that site. Well, it's a love/hate relationship really. I find tons of good ideas on there, but one leads to another. I call my visits there, "falling down the rabbit hole." I totally lose track of time going from one thing to the next, so I try to avoid it unless it's during my "leisure time" (yeah right, what's that? Let's just call it my less busy time).

There are many, many wonderful, clever ideas on Pinterest that can save you a ton of money and help you do lots of stuff. The DIY stuff alone is worth signing up for me, and I don't usually like signing up for stuff either.

10. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Pinterest! I use it mostly for gardening ideas, recipes, hairstyles, clothes and books mostly. I use it for other things too, but those are my largest boards. My Pinterest boards also helps bring new readers to my blog.

11. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love Pinterest. I remember searching for a particular hairstyle and then ending up going through tons of tutorials for hair. Lol. That's the beauty of Pinterest, you stumble upon information, information and information. It can get overwhelming at times so you still need to take a break. Or else you'll lose your mind with the many options you can have with the site.

12. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I do use Pinterest for ideas. Once I get on there I find myself looking on there for ages! There's often so many different ways of doing the same things which I think is great, as it allows you to find a technique that works best for you. I don't think there's many, if any, things I've been unable to find on there when I've needed something. It's certainly helped me to save money over the time I've been on there too, as I've been able to fix things myself more easily or find a cheaper alternative to things I usually use. It's a great site.

13. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love going on Pinterest to get my creative juices flowing. I found some really cool ways to start up a garden in my room. Now my whole windowsill is full of fruits and veggies sprouting. That means free tomatoes, squash, herbs, lettuce and strawberries this summer. Yum! I can't wait!

14. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can get overwhelmed on there in a hurry, ha ha. Sometimes, I actually have to make myself stop clicking on new things and just pick from the options I've already found. Otherwise, you'd just keep going and going...

It is a great resource though. There are some super creative people on there that come up with really clever ideas. It's great that there's a place to share all those helpful tips and great ideas. It's certainly a good source of money saving ideas.

I really need to add to my boards. I spend more time looking at other people's stuff.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It is really a great resource. I mostly browse food pictures there and find many different and innovative food ideas especially ones that have great decoration. The only problem is that they are not that easy to replicate and it may take a bit more practice, and if suspect this is the case with many other people as well since the Pinterest fail is now a common joke wherein they show the original picture beside the amateur homemade one to show how far reality can sometimes get from the expectation in a bad way. Though, I guess good things still come out of it because at least it's funny.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Pinterest and I think it's a great money saving resource because of all the DIY crafting, decor and cooking ideas I find on there. But it is a huge time suck because I can easily spend hours on there pinning things. Pinterest is love, Pinterest is life.

17. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I am a Pintrest addict. I love Pintrest and all the things you can find on there. I get a lot of recipes and craft ideas for my kids. We do a lot of projects that I have gotten ideas about on Pintrest. I sometimes get lost on that site and spend way too much time on it but I love it. My idea of a perfect job would be to pin on Pintrest and get paid for it. If only. lol

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Pinterest!!! I can't just go on there for 30 minutes and be done with it. There are times when I log on, and then before I know it, hours have gone past. I log on to find something specific , but get waylaid by the sheer creativity of some of the stuff on there. It's very, very addicting!

19. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, do I know the feeling, haha! It really is a great place for innovative ideas. I remember finding beauty DIYs there as well. I knew how to restore broken compact powders through it. Then, I also learned how to make my own lip tint with Kool Aid. Then, I also learned how to create my own powder lipstick. The list goes on and on actually!

I feel you. I just look at other people's stuff in there. Mine is as empty as can be, lol. I wonder though if they actually earn from Pinterest or do they just use it as a traffic source?