Pizza Hut Just Doesn't Make The Grade Anymore

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cherokee • Feb 15, 2015.

1. cherokee

cherokeeNew Member

Threads:
    I remember when Pizza Hut used to be my favorite pizza place. Not anymore. What happened to them? My family and I decided to get some food from there tonight, mainly because they have the heart shaped pizza for Valentine's Day. It was definitely cute but not all that great. However, the heart shaped pepperoni pizza was far better than that horrible pan pizza we got to go along with it.

Isn't pan pizza supposed to be a little crispy? This one was really soft and chewy and they barely put any cheese on top. This is not the first time either. The last two times have been the same...not good! Now, when I go to visit my parents and they order from their Pizza Hut, it is not bad at all. It is quite good. So, I very much doubt that we will be going to ours anytime soon. So disappointed in them.

Is it just my Pizza Hut that is bad or is this everywhere these days?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't associate "pan" pizza with crispy at all. Thin crust is crispy, but pan pizza is usually soft.

As for Pizza Hut in general, I have had hit or miss experiences with them lately.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pizza Hut is a franchise businedd, I think, so it's possible that the quality will vary between stores. Alternatively, they might have just been rushing your food - I imagine they will have been quite busy on Valentine's night. Either way, it's always worth shooting off a quick email to the manager about this - you never know!

4. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I can't do chain pizza period anymore. I've been spoiled by authentic Sicilian pizza so much that places like Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns and the like just taste so artificial. The crust is always doughy, like you stated in your experience and the sauce is so run of the mill, tastes like it came from a jar of Prego or Ragu.

I'll still eat Bertucci's though. My favorite from Pizza Hut used to be their everything pizza with everything from olives to anchovies. Yum. Actually that one is probably still good I might have to check it out one day soon. Hope I'm not disappointed.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed. Perhaps it's just the branch near my place, but the prices seem like they went even higher and the quality of pizza was just sub-par the last few times I've went. I don't have a problem with paying extra for pizza, but I sure as heck want it to be quality. Essentially, I can go to a nice restaurant that offers pizza for pretty much the same price, so I pretty much avoid the chains, other than Little Caesars, which gives you an insane amount of food for just $10.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Our Pizza Hut here has been declining a bit in quality as well, but not any more than any other fast food chain, to be honest. The crust is still a little bit crispy just like before and most of the difference is just that the toppings aren't as hefty as they once were. It's still fairly good though and they have maintained a somewhat cheap price even though all competitors continue to raise theirs, so I can't really complain all that much. I'm guessing it's probably just a fluke with that one branch as there will be times that some will slip up every now and then.

7. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Frankly, I think their pizza is gross for the most part. It seems to have something to do with the sauce. I usually love cold pizza the following morning, but theirs is so unappealing. Is it just me, or does it often appear to have a larger amount of sauce closer by the crust? I think that's partly what ruins it for me. Still, I have to admit they have the best promotions out of all the chain pizza restaurants.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about that one. Perhaps this is also not quite the quality pizza but Domino's seems to be giving Pizza Hut a run for their money in the deals department. I haven't had Pizza Hut in a long time since I had a falling out with their gracious employees. However, I did notice they have a ton of new crust & sauce options. Has anyone tried these?

9. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is because of mass production why pizza from Pizza Hut and or any other food chain losses the original delicious taste that they have. Sometimes because to a lot number of patrons and customers food chains have quality is sacrificed and the main focus now is quantity.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our Pizza Hut has been declining in quality of food for some time. They may have sold off their name to another company that does not have the same standards of the previous owners, there are so many pizza places out there now they may not be open for long.

11. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I also got the Valentine's Day heart-shaped pizza and opened it up, it was definitely in a heart shape, but it was uncut! I've noticed many times lately that when they cut it they cut it into the most haphazard shapes you can imagine a pizza can be sliced into. We once received a pizza that had been cut with the largest piece being about 8 inches wide at the crust and the smallest piece of the same pizza being about 2 inches wide at the crust. Jeez I was so disappointed.

12. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Pizza Hut is my second favorite pizza place in my area. My go-to pizza chain is Dominoes, because I grew up always ordering from Dominoes. I suggest filing a light complaint, just to get their attention.

13. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I've never been a huge fan of Pizza Hut. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat it if someone orders it for a football game or a party. But it's not a chain that I'm going to order from on my own. I rarely eat at any of the major pizza chains, and Pizza Hut is no different. I do think they are the best of the big name chains, along with Papa Johns. That's not saying much, though.

14. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    I'm really burnt out on most large chain pizza places in general, but Pizza Hut is definitely not my favorite of the bunch, and I think they have gotten worse over the years (especially the last 10 in my opinion). I even prefer Dominoes to Pizza Hut. To be honest, if at all possible and I am not making homemade, I get my pizza at a mom and pop joint or Costco. Can't beat that huge Costco pizza for $10. When I get a large from Pizza Hut or Dominoes it looks miniature in comparison!

15. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Does Bertucci's have any good deals you can only get if you order online (like Pizza Hut's $7.99 2-topping large)?

Don't they have SEVERAL special crust-flavors you can choose from FREE? Along with a FREE 'flavor-drizzle' you can also get?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When I saw the subject-line, something in me 'donned my Mighty Mouse costume ... "Here I come to save the Day!" :D'

It sounds more like 'bad luck,' like the times you chose were too busy. Still, complain to your location's manager; to improve their standards there.

16. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:
    Pizza hut was always a rare treat in our household because it was so expensive compared to traditional REAL, Italian pizza. As a parent now I find myself not enjoying pizza hut the way that I did as a child. I remember it being greasy but not as greasy as it is today. What I do remember was the customer service was never all that well, much hasn't changed today. I will give Pizza hut kudos for perfecting the stuffed crust pizza. If I have a choice between cici's and pizza hut- I'm choosing CiCi's there is more variety and is significantly cheaper with better service.

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love pizza so I thought I'd try it but the one time I went to Costco, *shudders*. It reminded me of school pizza. Sam's Club pizza isn't that great but it's a little better than Costco's. Like I say I'll eat any pizza as long as it comes from a regular restaurant but shy away from grocery store pizzas and ones from buffets.

18. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    Haha - see I love school pizza. I wish they sold it in the store. Those perfectly round probably-not-meat balls? Perfection. Maybe that's why I love Costco pizza so much :D I agree with you on buffet pizza, though. It's never good! I swear though, homemade pizza is where it can't be beat!

19. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I doubt it being that they market themselves as somewhat of a fine dining pizza spot. They may not beat Pizza Hut in bargains but I'll take their chicken and broccoli pizza w/white sauce over anything Pizza Hut is offering anytime.

20. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    I love Pizza Hut. Ours is great! Although I do like Dominoes somewhat better only because it's cheaper. As far as pan pizza, it is suppose to be soft dough.