Pizza Hut or Dominoes?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AB91000 • Apr 15, 2014.

1. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    Which restaurant do you think is better.

Personally. I think that Pizza Hut has the better food, and dominoes is more affordable. I guess that old phrase is true "You get what you pay for". Pizza hut has the better Pizza, by far. But you will pay a lot more for that quality.

On the end dominoes makes it hard to resist them because of their bargains. Dominoes pizza is not too bad, it is just not as good as Pizza Hut.
    I would have to choose Dominoes because they offer the best balance.

2. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    Dominos. But then, I'm biased since it is right across the road from me. Getting it for dinner tonight!

3. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    It all depends on the quality of the product at each establishment. For me, here in my home town I wouldn't walk across the street for either one if it was free. They vary so much within the US.
    I know this does not help but you have to evaluate each restaurant your self. People are different too, as well as their taste buds.

4. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    You know, I have always been a fan of Pizza Hut and I still do enjoy it, but lately I have actually preferred Dominos. I feel like Pizza Hut is a little to greasy for me these days.

5. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    Pizza Hut - yummy, try the Three Cheese stuffed crust Pepperoni lovers... Don't forget the garlic butter..
    My only Pizza Hunt complaint is that they last two times I did a web order I still had to wait 15 minutes and then 20+ minutes.
    Why do a web order and put in a time, if they can't have it ready at that time....

6. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I have to disagree.

I have always thought that Dominoes pizza was better. Pizza Hut pizza is too dry. They do not put enough sauce on it, and the crust is always too tough. Dominoes always gives you extra sauce, and they hand tossed crust is always soft. I think Dominoes is far, and away is better

Like you mentioned earlier. Dominoes is also cheaper. Which seals the deal for me.

7. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    We use to have a really good Pizza Hut back in the 90s, it had some delicious pizza and was much better than Papa Joes. It doesn't exist anymore and is some kind of office building now. Dominoes is alright but if I have to choose I go with Pizza Hut, I like their crust a lot more.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pizza is pizza to me. I heard that Domino's was bad but I've tried it a few times and it was pretty good here. It was very good at Chula Vista so I guess it depends on the location. I just don't rave about Pizza Hut like I used to also because it not only varies with the location but the days as well. I have had some days where my local Pizza Hut had pizza that reminded me why I loved it so much but the next time I ate it it was sorta stale. I feel like they always have good wings though. I can't get enough of the mild wings. Mainly I just love to go to different pizza shops though so these days there is no best place. There's always advantages and disadvantages. Pizza Hut was always my favorite though but that's mainly because of the crust. I will not eat anything but the cheesy crust so any other crust goes to the dogs.

9. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    You really like Dominoes pizza better?

The funny thing is whenever i have this discussion with my friends, or co-workers i get that exact same response. What is wrong with you guys? Lol How could you like Dominoes pizza better than Pizza Hut's

I think Pizza Hut has better food, and i am alone in this. I guess we all have are own personal preference. So, i can't argue with your choice.

Pizza Hut is better though. Lol

10. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    The country where I live, Dominoes is definitely more famous and established then the pizza hut and more people prefer the former. I too think the dominoes' pizzas taste better than the pizza hut's.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did anybody get to try the Three Cheese Crust at Pizza Hut? As soon as I heard about it, it was discontinued. I wanted to try it at least once. They should have taken it off the homepage.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like Pizza Hut a lot more. Their original crust is great, and I don't even like crust. I think it's because it's more like bread, and the fact that it's oiled generously makes it very tasty. I only like it when it's freshly cooked, though, as it just isn't the same when it's reheated. Also, because I love their crust so much, I prefer it even over their stuffed crust because I feel it to be taking away from the great taste of the pure bread. If any other pizza chain were to offer stuffed crust, I'm sure I'd prefer that more because I'd probably not care for their crust as much. Dominos pizzas for me are a bit too flat when it comes to taste.

13. trl1980

trl1980New Member

Threads:
    I have to admit dominoes has gotten better over the years. I'm not as much into Pizza Hut as I use to be, but it's closer to my house than Dominoes. And Pizza Hut prices are getting crazy. I just ordered from them last night and their $19.99 deal ended up being $27.00 after taxes. I feel like I got ripped off.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Everybody knows it is all about PizzaExpress here in the UK. :) People actually flock to this place for dates. :)

15. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that Dominoes has gotten better over the years. At one point I couldn't stand it, but now, it's pretty good!

However, I prefer Pizza Hut, the pan pizza is probably my favorite chain pizza. Pizza Hut is also generally more expensive then Dominoes, so they have that going for them as well.

16. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I would have to say Pizza Hut! I love Pizza Hut's crust. However, there's this pizza shop located near my home called Hungry Howies an I would have to choose their pizza over both Pizza Hut and Domino's! Their pizza crust is like a buttery/garlic flavor and it tastes delicious.

17. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I used to go for both depends on which one is available at certain areas. But I must say that I have liked Dominoes more because of their free offers when you get a large pizza unlikely Pizza hut where everything is costly. I now make my own homemade pizza including the dough and though I can't make it as good but at least I can make it the way I like and put whatever I want on it.

18. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Ew neither! I choose papa johns! I guess it really just depends on how you like your pizza. Pizza Hit crust is too thin for me and there sauce isn't good. Dominions is way too greasy and it seems undercooked to me. I like papa johns because it taste fresh, thick crust and yummy! :)

19. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Lol Malia. I was getting ready to comment that while I prefer Pizza Hut over Dominoes, I will take either of them any day instead of Papa John's! I hate the crust from Papa John's and they always seem to mess up my order or send me a pizza where half of the crust is bubbled up and inedible.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer Pizza Hut over Dominoes, since they offer more variety, but I noticed that the crust of Dominoes Pizza tastes good too, in a simple way. But yeah, Pizza Hut is really way better than Dominoes. I love their stuffed crust pizza.