Pizza Hut vs. Shakey's Pizza

Discussion in Food & Drink started by lindbergh • May 9, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love eating pizza. Shakey's and Pizza Hut are just some of my favorite pizza spots. However, I prefer Shakey's a lot better than Pizza Hut. I like their selection a lot better. Their thin crust pizzas are some of the best that I have tasted. Which do you prefer? Shakey's or Pizza Hut?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Pizza Hut as compared to Shakey's, because I don't really like thin crust pizzas, it makes me feel less satiated as compared to thick crust pizzas. In fact, I frequently order those 2 pizzas promo from Pizza Hut.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm, yeah, when it comes to thick crust pizza, Pizza Hut has the upper hand. They also have the stuff crust pizza which I also like. The problem is, I get full very quickly when I'm eating thick crust pizza.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's actually the whole point of eating, to get full right? Don't you like to get full as quickly as possible? You seem to want to prolong the process, while I want to get full as fast as possible, lol. Greenwhich has good pizzas too, before they only served thin crust pizzas. It's good that they modified their menu.

5. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    If I were to choose between the two I'd say Pizza Hut. My taste buds like their pizzas more than Shakeys. I really like pizzas and have some stock of cheap ones too at home ready to be microwaved when I am hungry.

But what I really long are those pizza's from Sbarro and Don Henrico's. Now I am imagining savoring the taste of those pizza's. Their olives are pretty sweet and goes well with the pizzas that they make.

6. kerri

kerriNew Member

Threads:
    I have always loved Pizza Hut, but we don't go there often. Once e year or less, due to the overall cost to feed my family. We eat out fairly often, at least twice a week, but we usually go to mom and pop type restaurants, or if it's just me, a fast food drive thru on my way to work. My favorite Pizza Hut marketing strategy was the personal pan pizzas. In the early 90's, it was free if it wasn't served in 5 minutes. I am sure that put a crunch on their competition. Pizza Hut seems to have taken a hard hit from our suffering economy, and I wonder if they are going to bounce back?

7. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i prefer pizza hut. i love pizza of it so i like to go in pizza hut

i prefer pizza hut. i love pizza of it so i like to go in pizza hut

8. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    When it comes to pizza, I prefer Shakey's. I grew up with it everytime I step in in Shakey's, it reminds me of my childhood. Apart from the recollection of my childhood, of course I prefer its pizza over Pizza Hut. I do not crave too much on thick crust, so Shakey's thin crust is perfect for me. I hate too much oil absorbed by thick crusts. I love the crunch everytime I bite Shakey's pizza.

But if pasta is in the picture, I prefer the pastas of Pizza Hut. They are tastier and al dente. The taste is very Italian. Pastas from Shakey's do not taste as good as Pizza Hut's and the servings are too small as well.

When it comes to service, crew and staff of both pizza parlors are courteous, polite, and quick in serving.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like them both, and depending on what I feel like, I wouldn't mind ordering from each one, but I like Shakey's a little more. Their thin crust pizzas are so good I'd keep eating them if it weren't so unhealthy for you. Still, it's one of my favorite pizzas, even if it's not very authentic.