Planet Fitness

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by joshc428 • Oct 11, 2015.

1. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    A lot of people mock Planet Fitness for a good number of reasons. Pizza night? Bagel day? It's stupid, I agree.

But dumb reasons like that don't keep me from going there. Honestly $10 a month is a great price for a gym. Other people will avoid the place like the plague then throw their money at a $45 gym membership. I can get just of good as a workout here. I definitely recommend this place for anyone aiming to save money.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pizza night? At a GYM? That's one way to undo all your hard work...

However, treadmills, dumbells and weights are the same wherever you go. $10 per month is a fantastic price for gym membership so if you're happy there then whyever not?

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    $10 a month about all I want to spend for the gym. I prefer to walk for my exercise, I would want to have a gym when the weather is bad. I would think Pizza Day is more of a social thing to make the gym a more friendly place to be to get more members.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've been a member for 3 months and I say you get what you pay for. So far, I've lost about 15 lbs with about 30 more to go. Because I'm a veteran at dieting and working out, this isn't so bad. However, the one near me doesn't have someone on the floor to ensure equipment is used properly (will never get on another treadmill). Not only do the reps sit around chatting but most of them are overweight. If I hired them in that condition, I would encourage them to work out.

5. MiMichelle

MiMichelleMember

Threads:
    I had a membership with them but recently cancelled it, at least I hope I did.
    Sure the price is good for what you are getting but because of the affordable price the place is always packed and there is just not enough equipment. At least the one I went to, every time there was a wait for a machine even if it was morning or afternoon during a weekday. They also praise this "no judgment zone" but rarely enforce it, only when there was someone from corporate visiting.
    Then there is the whole cancellation process. When you sign up they say there is no hassle no fee membership cancellation but you have to jump through hoops for it. You cannot go yourself to cancel the membership you have to write a letter and send it to them and them keep an eye out to make sure you are not charged again. I send my letter last week, they usually charge around the 10th so i'm keeping an eye out to make sure there are no charges made.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow that is cheap! I had no idea the rates were so cheap at Planet Fitness. I could even afford that! I should look to see what the closest one is to me. I wonder how they make money. They must charge for classes. These are the things you need. It is one of hte opitns that I could take advantge of. They have to make their money somehow.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sort of a gym vet and think I can give a few guesses as to why they are so cheap.
    Compared to most gyms, their equipment is lightweight. One machine actually moves off the floor if the user weighs more than 100 lbs. When I went to Jack lalanne and family fitness back in the day, their staff had real fitness (or were kinesiology majors) knowledge and could help with proper body alignment and diet tips. Like I said in my previous post, most of the staff is overweight and sit around talking.